Bridge amp for mids and run tweets off HU?

Participant count
  • Participant list

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
I have a Precision Power P900.5. Since the initial install, there is alt whine that has been traced to the amp. I have tried different ground locations, even grounding it to the battery with no luck. I unconnected all of the RCAs and still get a whine when the amp powers up.

Now, recently, my sub channel and one of the channels for my driver side mid has either gone out or has something going on with it. Rather than mess with this thing, I went ahead and ordered the Kenwood XR900.5.

Other equipment: ID X-65, ID XS-28, ID 12v3, Pioneer AVH-X3700BHS. I run the active x-overs from the HU.

I am leaning towards running the tweets off the HU and the mids bridged on that amp because I would like to have more power available to send to the mids (150rms @ 4ohm bridged vs. 60rms), but will the tweets be able to blend/keep up with 150rms going to each mid? Will there be a noticeable SQ difference in running the tweets off the HU vs. off the amp?

I appreciate any feedback.

I have a Precision Power P900.5. Since the initial install, there is alt whine that has been traced to the amp. I have tried different ground locations, even grounding it to the battery with no luck. I unconnected all of the RCAs and still get a whine when the amp powers up.
Now, recently, my sub channel and one of the channels for my driver side mid has either gone out or has something going on with it. Rather than mess with this thing, I went ahead and ordered the Kenwood XR900.5.

Other equipment: ID X-65, ID XS-28, ID 12v3, Pioneer AVH-X3700BHS. I run the active x-overs from the HU.

I am leaning towards running the tweets off the HU and the mids bridged on that amp because I would like to have more power available to send to the mids (150rms @ 4ohm bridged vs. 60rms), but will the tweets be able to blend/keep up with 150rms going to each mid? Will there be a noticeable SQ difference in running the tweets off the HU vs. off the amp?

I appreciate any feedback.
reground the battery and alternator..

reground the battery and alternator..
I have regrounded the battery with 4awg. The alternator is new as of a few months ago and was wired with 4awg.

Any opinions on the tweeters being powered off the HU?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.