Breaking in AB HD12 properly

Participant count
  • Participant list

ancorp
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Toronto
So I had a HD12 playing for a few weeks, and got it broken in nicely. Now I picked up another one that literally has seen 200w at best, and it is 2-3 times as stiff, you'd think its blown.

I have a shared chamber box for the pair, can I run them both as is and the other will break itself in, or should I play it by itself until the suspension loosens to that of the other HD12?

So I had a HD12 playing for a few weeks, and got it broken in nicely. Now I picked up another one that literally has seen 200w at best, and it is 2-3 times as stiff, you'd think its blown.
I have a shared chamber box for the pair, can I run them both as is and the other will break itself in, or should I play it by itself until the suspension loosens to that of the other HD12?
I would say the latter, you will notice a difference in sound between the woofers until it is broken in

Lol broke in I threw 2k at mine the first day and its fine and just about as stuff as new. You want to break it in throw 500w at it at 20hz free air for about 8hrs but even then it's gonna be like new. The problem I had with my hd was the surround not the spider pack and most of my music is sub 40hz consistently with drops to about 25hz. These subs don't like dropping below tuning too much which is where I had my problem. With the amount of power I had 28hz caused my sub to run out of travel it never bottomed out but it did seperate the cone from the surround a lil bit. Mind you this was about 4months after owning the sub and trowing 2k to it daily

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.