break in times

^^^ I disagree, there is allot of real world data testing to support break in.

In listening alone, with my Dynes there was a noticeable difference from out of the box to now.

Definately need to break in any driver, some come broken in from the factory though. Even then who knows how long they've sat on the shelf before being shipped.

^^^ I disagree, there is allot of real world data testing to support break in.
In listening alone, with my Dynes there was a noticeable difference from out of the box to now.
I would disagree aswell.

The issue here isn't does a speaker's parameters change over time. This is a given. Yes, they indeed do as the suspension loosens up gradually, and the process never really stops over the entire life of the speaker.

The issue is do I need to break them in as a matter of avoiding damage to the product, etc. And no, you do not. You can simply plug them in and play them like you normally would, and they will "break in" over time naturally with regular, normal use. You do not need to assign some arbitrary time frame at some arbitrary output or power level, and there are no ill effects from failing to ritually observe these arbitrary time frames and power/output levels.

And in regard to your Dyns.....listening alone is not a very good objective measurement //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif It is highly likely that your perception of their sound changed more as you got more used to them, which could easily account for the change you heard without invoking any change in the actual response of the speakers themselves. That said; I'm not saying there couldn't be some slight changes in the actual sound characteristics. But this would require objective measurements to determine why, where, and how much....and not simply "listening to them".

And in regard to your Dyns.....listening alone is not a very good objective measurement //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif It is highly likely that your perception of their sound changed more as you got more used to them, which could easily account for the change you heard without invoking any change in the actual response of the speakers themselves. That said; I'm not saying there couldn't be some slight changes in the actual sound characteristics. But this would require objective measurements to determine why, where, and how much....and not simply "listening to them".
Yes listening is not objective in a numeric manner, but subjective. However personal opinion can be measured. The test I use for a long term break in difference is listening to a CD out of the box, writing down listening notes, and then not listening to it until the break in period is concluded. Each time I have concluded this test, there were more changes that just nuances. Most of the changes being tonality, other aspects of the front stage changed as well. The change in pleasureable performance being the measured amount (small change / large change).

Futhermore there is a word called REFERENCE. IMO, the music being played in your vehicle should not exhibit colored characteristics, it should sound like live music or how the instrument sounded when being recorded. If you dont have a reference of how a trumpet sounds live or being recording properly* then measuring the change would be difficult for you (not you personally squeak). That being said, I have the reference, the DYNES were colored at the begining and the difference is measureable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.