Break in time

Participant count
  • Participant list

JMPisGOD
10+ year member

Ok i just hooked up my solobaric up and kicker says it takes 2 weeks to break in... my question is, will i notice a big difference between now and the time the speakers break in or will it be pretty much the same?

other questions...

Is it ever ok to turn my gains all the way up? (700 RMS amp, speaker handles 750) as long as it doesnt distort? Am i in danger of ripping the fabric cause that mofo HITS?

A gain is not a volume control, you should have it around half or less, if you keep your gains up it can drive the amp into clipping mode which will blow a speaker because of distortion. You wont rip anything, the damage will occur to the voice coil, and let it break in, i have seen subs fry because they werent broken in. They will sound better after you break them in, my type r 15 sounds better now that i broke it in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.