break in time for components...

I noticed a huge difference with my Zapco's after I broke them in. How did I do it? By using the Cascade Noise Burn In CD by Tara Labs. To get this CD (download and burn to disc), go to http://www.taralabs.com/home.asp and on the bottom left side you will see something that says Download Cascade Noise Burn In CD. There, you will find instructions and and the file to download.

Kill yourself.
NO such thing needed.

nG
I beg to differ. It was required for my Zapco mids. They were quite stiff but after breaking them in using the method I just stated, they weren't as stiff. I will, however, say that most speakers or subs that I have bought did not need them, though some were bought used. The Zapcos are the first speakers I've had to break in (and being new).

Break-in period is virtually the same as subwoofers. Is their a period of time where the new suspension parts will change their compliance? Yes. Will this be noticeable? Maybe. Will this thread likely boil down to arguments over how much of the 'break in' occurs in the first few seconds of play time? Probably. Is there really anything special you need to do to break your comp set in? No. Will the break in period alter your review of the set? Maybe. Will you want to go back and re-adjust your gains and/or xover settings after the first few weeks? Possibly, keep it in mind.
Any other questions?
great answer. thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

wtf is up with this psuedo-break in ****?????

just let it wang right out of the box.

the only thing that could break in is the surround and spiders, and they arent brittle and shouldnt need extra care initially. we arent dealing with moving parts dealing with much friction in speakers,,,,its not an engine

wtf is up with this psuedo-break in ****?????just let it wang right out of the box.

the only thing that could break in is the surround and spiders, and they arent brittle and shouldnt need extra care initially. we arent dealing with moving parts dealing with much friction in speakers,,,,its not an engine
some people actually care about how their speakers sound and not just about their output.

wtf is up with this psuedo-break in ****?????just let it wang right out of the box.

Did you read any of the thread? Friction is a key ingredient in this discussion actually.

I have heard brand new subs change their sound slightly over the first couple weeks of use, with my own ears. Yes it exists. How much so depends greatly on the sub in question, its suspension setup, and your ability to hear relatively slight changes over a period of time (not easy).
Pre-break in simply means the suspension is stiffer than it will be once it is broke in. Soft part's compliance increases as the sub gets used. So the notion that volume should be kept artificially low for the break in period, a very common idea, really makes no sense what so ever. If anything, volume should be kept fairly high. More motion means quicker compliance changes due to more heat/friction/wear, and a better guarantee the spiders and surround fully wear in.
Right, i agree. But isn't that exactly what I said? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Did you read any of the thread? Friction is a key ingredient in this discussion actually.
i read the first couple posts, obviously there is friction involved, as its present in anything moving, but my point was that the friction a speaker can retain is no where near the dynamics of friction compared to lets say an engine, which is where alot of these speaker users are misconceiving that a speaker NEEDS break in, since it moves like an engine's pistons do, and everyone knows an engine needs a break in, so they connect their false dots.

nah mean??

its not THAT important for a speaker, in my experience.

i read the first couple posts, obviously there is friction involved, as its present in anything moving, but my point was that the friction a speaker can retain is no where near the dynamics of friction compared to lets say an engine, which is where alot of these speaker users are misconceiving that a speaker NEEDS break in, since it moves like an engine's pistons do, and everyone knows an engine needs a break in, so they connect their false dots.nah mean??

its not THAT important for a speaker, in my experience.
This situation is nothing like an engine. I dont think anyone even brought up engine break in periods in this thread, until you just did. The discussion has moved well beyond such a simplistic parallel anyway.
Not trying to be an ass, but if you'd read the entire thread you'd see your comments are pretty much obsolete in this discussion. Whether or not you think a break is needed, not needed, or sort of needed isn't really relevant. Nor is you coming to the defense of why this situation is not like breaking in an engine.

Cheers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.