Break in period?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TRAVIESO
10+ year member

CA
What is the break in period? I have a set of Diamond Audio S600s components. Im powering them with a Crossfire VR804. What frequency should I set the amp to? I installed them yesterday and I accidently left the amp on full, turn the volume up and I could hear the midwoofer making a bunch of noise. Do you think I did any damage to them?

if it was a temporary sound, distortion, if it happens all the time, you blew the speakers, better hope you have a warranty for stuff like that...always make sure everything is OK before you play them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. And I am not going to use a "break-in period." I'm just going to play them decently for a week, after that I'll gradully turn them up higher...

- pe@ce and good luck w/ the comps. What kind are they?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.