Brand New to this Audio Thing

Also, even though the idea I had may not be good, I still am curious about what I asked....how can one limit the amount of power that can go to any one speaker?

Also, even though the idea I had may not be good, I still am curious about what I asked....how can one limit the amount of power that can go to any one speaker?
with a H/U that has alot of outputs, and settings to tune them each, but forget everything your thinking, because its a waste of your time. I said your idea was bad, because its unrealistic.

heres my opinion, I dont know what your budget is looking like, but heres an idea

1. get your self a decent component set for your front doors / and a pair of coaxial's for the rears, the polk audio db series are choice on a budget

2. get a decent 4 channel amp to power the speakers, mb quart makes a decent 4 channel amp if your on a budget. the sound will be enough trust me, you will wanna throw out your logitec computer speakers.

3. get a decent sub and proper enclosure for it. sundown SA-12 is choice. amp it with around 1000w-1200w rms.

you will be more than happy with something like that.

Ok, appreciate the info, that was very useful...does sound good too.

I am curious, I didn't care about the Logitech speakers for their sound quality, as much as I did their size. I know you will probably argue that they are a waste of space, energy and money, and they very well may be, but for curiosities sake...do they sell very small speakers made specifically for cars that are of good quality? I mean like 3-4 inches diameter small.

Ok, appreciate the info, that was very useful...does sound good too.
I am curious, I didn't care about the Logitech speakers for their sound quality, as much as I did their size. I know you will probably argue that they are a waste of space, energy and money, and they very well may be, but for curiosities sake...do they sell very small speakers made specifically for cars that are of good quality? I mean like 3-4 inches diameter small.
yes they do, I do. I carry polk audio 3.5 and 4" speakers.

I could put together a package deal for you, PM me if your interested

no worries man,

best advice, read threw the threads that offer knowledge, and never mind all the b.s here.

feel free to pm me with any questions

Ok...with a little bit of research I've done, and with the good advice I've gotten so far, I have an idea of how I'd like to set up now. Still have some questions though.

I'm thinking I'll keep the subs in the trunk and in the rear rack, just upgrade them to better quality and make sure they are enclosed properly. Leave the rear speakers where they are just upgrade to a high end coaxial set (they are around chest level in front of the passengers), and then for the front throw a mid bass in the door, and on the A pillar mount a set of Tweeter and Mid Range components.

My main question now (I'm trying to figure out a good soundstage for everyone in the car), is whether the speakers in the A pillar will sound good because of the distance, or if there is some way I can make the sound more balanced for the front passengers? I cannot put them in the kick panel because my car is so small that the driver and passenger will be blocking the sound with their legs. What do you guys think about this set up in general? (sans Logitech speakers. With a little knowledge I realized how retarded of an idea that was but...at least it got me to this forum now).

the thing is all of that minus the crescendo speakers is pretty high end stuff. the brands i mentioned for subs are hard to beat ' date=' the have entry level models and some that cost 600+ each. LOL. and the decks i mentioned are the same way , they sell lower priced models and higher priced models with way more features but all in all are top of the food chain when it comes to decks. You want high end speakers look toward Morel components. Awesome Stuff[/quote']
I checked out Morel, they look pretty solid. What's your take on their subs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.