Brand New Alpine S-Series Component speaker makes popping noise when being used

Participant count
  • Participant list
My front right channel speaker is an Alpine S-Series 6.5" Component speaker which is connected to the JVC KD-R900 Head unit no amps. When ever i try to play any music slightly loud or with any bass in it the speaker begins to crackle or pop. It isn't soo loud that you can't hear the music but it is enough to annoy me. There is little chance the speaker is blown because it is only a few months old. I'm new to car a/v and have no idea what the problem is. Please Help!po

I had that happen to a speaker that was fresh out of the box. You can definitely have a bad speaker, regardless of how long it's been used, if it's defective. Take the speakers back to the place you bought them from and exchange them.

check your deck settings 1st
try detuning the bass a bit and see if it helps

components usually do not perform well on crappy deck power
Well power might definitely be the issue, I dont have any amps yet, my question is why im only having the problem with one speaker, i have checked other threads and think that i might have made a mistake wiring and the speaker is out of phase. But i don't know if that would cause that type of sound.

Wiring it out of phase would most likely make the speaker sound quieter. Check all deck settings and sure that all connections are secure and properly insulated from deck to speaker. If that check outs, it's likely damaged.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.