brahma

Originally posted by bigbassman care to explain why you're trying to compare a $130 driver v/s drivers that cost 3 times that much? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

anyway.. 2 K's would displacement more than a single JL anything (with perhaps.. exception of the W7 line) I'd either go the Brahma or dual K route...

Loyd L.

well price is not an issue........

events occured tonight that has made some things possible.....

and i was referring to 2 jlw6v2s to a single 12 brahma and 2 ek's ..... not a single jl vs all them....

Originally posted by limitkid7 well price is not an issue........

events occured tonight that has made some things possible.....

and i was referring to 2 jlw6v2s to a single 12 brahma and 2 ek's ..... not a single jl vs all them....
1 brahma = supreme originality + phenomenal SQ + cashload

2 ek's = moderate originality + decent all-around + not too much

2 w6v2's = NO originality + decent all-around + about as much as one Brahma (right?)

Originally posted by BonusBobo 1 brahma = supreme originality + phenomenal SQ + cashload

2 ek's = moderate originality + decent all-around + not too much

2 w6v2's = NO originality + decent all-around + about as much as one Brahma (right?)

ummmm i was hoping to get someone that showed some kind of respect to jl.... so i can get an all around view....

but then again.......

who in the world would respect all 3 of those brands at the same time????

i suppose i do, but shyt i havne' heard all three haha

(no love for alpine / mtx subs)

Originally posted by BonusBobo are all these setups ported, hypothetically? If so, I would recommend the w6v2's or the k's. I just personally feel the brahma was meant for sq, meaning sealed.
thanks... besides i think i want most spl i can get too, b/c all three of those subs give good ass sq, that's why i'm porting.... try to get sql outta em!

Originally posted by limitkid7 thanks... besides i think i want most spl i can get too, b/c all three of those subs give good ass sq, that's why i'm porting.... try to get sql outta em!
yeah, well do what you want, I just wouldn't suggest you port the brahma. Just me though. I'm sure someone like Jlaine can give you good reason to port it or not to port it.

Originally posted by BonusBobo yeah, well do what you want, I just wouldn't suggest you port the brahma. Just me though. I'm sure someone like Jlaine can give you good reason to port it or not to port it.
It's all personal preference - my personal preference states to not port either the brahma or the JL drivers. If you want to port a brahma, the 10" is the route to go IMHO, if you want a boatload of really low end output, porting the B15 is a dangerous thing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by jlaine It's all personal preference - my personal preference states to not port either the brahma or the JL drivers. If you want to port a brahma, the 10" is the route to go IMHO, if you want a boatload of really low end output, porting the B15 is a dangerous thing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That's two people w/ firsthand brahma experience discouraging porting it.

And one of them is an authorized Adire dealer.

Originally posted by BonusBobo That's two people w/ firsthand brahma experience discouraging porting it.

And one of them is an authorized Adire dealer.

Yeah but what if you want SOME spl, you cant really gain spl with sealing it right??

I mean right now im between a single 15K and a single B12 both ported, will i be sinning if i port the bramha?? prolly not, so if he wants to port it let em.

I mean whats wrong with porting, will he blow it, im thinking no because most people port subs and dont blow them. Limitedkid7 if you want to port it port it.

Originally posted by packerfan Yeah but what if you want SOME spl, you cant really gain spl with sealing it right??

I mean right now im between a single 15K and a single B12 both ported, will i be sinning if i port the bramha?? prolly not, so if he wants to port it let em.

I mean whats wrong with porting, will he blow it, im thinking no because most people port subs and dont blow them. Limitedkid7 if you want to port it port it.
You will hardly be sinning. Is this for daily driving?

My Brahma 15 in 3 cubes sealed is way too loud for me to stand it at full gain and high volume on the head unit. I'm sure you can reach similar standing with a brahma 12, yet also reach very good sound quality in a sealed enclosure.

To be honest, I don't give a **** if you port it, because I'm not driving the car. All I'm saying is, if I bought a Brahma, I would buy it to seal it, because it is an SQ driver.

Originally posted by packerfan What amp are you running yours with?
Two Alpine MRD-M300s that I already had in my car. Also a Lightning Audio 1 farad cap that supposedly is not necessary. Meh, I'll use it if I got it.

The MRD's are great amps, but not for what I paid for them.

The main feature I like about them is digital synchronization through a remote bass knob. I can change the gain to weight the bass however much I want. You can even name your amps, if you do so please.

Originally posted by BonusBobo Two Alpine MRD-M300s that I already had in my car. Also a Lightning Audio 1 farad cap that supposedly is not necessary. Meh, I'll use it if I got it.

The MRD's are great amps, but not for what I paid for them.

The main feature I like about them is digital synchronization through a remote bass knob. I can change the gain to weight the bass however much I want. You can even name your amps, if you do so please.
EH i dont like the idea of running two amp to one sub for daily, but hey if it works for you cool, i might run mine with a Ma audio amp for a while, i wounder what would be better a 12 ported or a 15 sealed, i want wicked lows, what do you think?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.