Brahma MKII FI recone problems

Scoobasteve
10+ year member

Hi Guys,

I just have a quick question, I recently had my Brahmas reconed by a local installer. I purchased the kits from FI.

Theres a weird popping noise whenever the sub plays above 50hz. If the Lowpass is set at 50 there is no trouble. The sub plays hard below with no noises clipping etc.

As soon as it gets a higher bass hit... say above 50hz the popping or slapping noise starts until i turn it down.

The Setup

Brahma MK2 - in a 2.2cf box ported at 27

Elemental Nine.1

Alpine 9815.

Electrical is fine, Theres a Kinetik HC2400 2 feet from the amp and voltage rarley dips below 13.5.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

have you tried to free air it and listen for any irregularities? That would be my first step. If that recone kit you got wasnt the ones with the woven lead spiders then it's highly likely it's just tinsel lead slap (maybe too much slack when it was soldiered on)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.