box

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by _MstANg_ Anyone have a clue of how to make a box that will fit in the trunk of a mustang that will hold 2 12" solo barics and a jbl 1200.1 amp? Theres not much space and I dont really have an idea of how i want to do it

Trunk.. hatchback? real trunk?.. what are the measurements of the space? you looking for sealed or ported?..

The amp can go almost anyplace that the box isn't (or if you insist, on the box.. but that's not recomended)..

well the mustang is at my dads right now so i cant get the measurements, but its a trunk, and ported or sealed, which ever one would be best

DO you plan on having useable space after the box is fit into the boot? You might wanna see infinite baffle subs if you do want space... JL's IB4 series are a must-see if you're going that direction, or maybe a special damper to mimic a box...

heres what i was thinkin about doing.

3630setup.jpg

i was thinkin of havin the amp and wires infront of the subs in like a box and then you could raise up the top and have a piece of plexiglass above the amp.

Originally posted by _MstANg_ any thoughts?
I think maybe you should build one with a gypsum board or something for trial, and then build the real one after discovering all the fault and add-ons while building the sample.

Originally posted by _MstANg_ thats exactally what im wanting, was it hard to build?
I'd tell you if I was the one to have built it, but unfortunately, mine's nothign like it.. I don't even have pics of i installed, only the process of making the boards and box...

check it out in the member gallery here:

http://gallery.caraudio.com/pp/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5134&thumb=1

Actually, I don't think it'll be hard at all to build your plan.. all you need is patience and more patience with lots of calculations and fine cuts with the MDF... oh, and of course you've got your carpeting, vinyl or leather to handle...that's a whole different matter...

Originally posted by _MstANg_ yeah, what is that between the 2 subs? because you can see the magnet on one of the subs
I presume your'e talking about my box...

it's a sealed, and it'll have two subs... the center will hold my small little 150w RMS woofer to power the subs... hopefully I'll remove the brackets and make a new bracket for a JBL 1200.1 when I have the cash...

I layered the center with damping amt and thick costs of undercoating to further lessen vibrations. I read in a lot of places that amps are allergic to vibrations, so I'm not taking any chances. Damping mats here are very cheap anyway.

But I'm already int he process of designing a ported enclosure, and as you can see, I do not like a cube, I want a bit off-angles, cause squares are very boring...:p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.