Box Question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Actually those dimmensions wrok out pretty good.
Box - 45" x 21" x 19" = 8.59

Slot Port - 17.5" x 4" x 16" = tunned to 32hz(31.83)

Each speaker will have 3.73ft^3
that sounds great.....will the extra .23 cubes per sub make much of a difference in performance?

that sounds great.....will the extra .23 cubes per sub make much of a difference in performance?
Yep. You can shave about an inch If you wish to get back down to 3.5 each. But I find with a bigger box the Low end is much louder:yumyum:

well he said b4 that my sub displacemnt would be .36....so that would make it .18 per sub....meaning that each sub would have 3.55 cubes?...is this right??

He didn't take in account sub displacement so it'll be a little shy.
If you are refering to me, yes I did.

Total box volume 8.59

Total port displacment 0.77

Sub Displacment .36

Volume after displacment - 7.46

3.73 each sub...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

If you are refering to me, yes I did.
Total box volume 8.59

Total port displacment 0.77

Sub Displacment .36

Volume after displacment - 7.46

3.73 each sub...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

weird, my program says theres more port displacement then that.

thanx for all ur guys' help...i think im going to use the dimensions u gave me trigger...u seem pretty confident with them and are able to back them up....i'm going to be mounting a couple amps on the box as well....will i need to use a thicker wood than 3/4" mdf or just use some screws that are only about 1/2"?

thanx for all ur guys' help...i think im going to use the dimensions u gave me trigger...u seem pretty confident with them and are able to back them up....i'm going to be mounting a couple amps on the box as well....will i need to use a thicker wood than 3/4" mdf or just use some screws that are only about 1/2"?
You would be best using a double baffle and adding some bracing. It will decrease your internal volume but you have an extra .23ft^3 each speaker to work with. And it wont effect your tunning drastically.

1/2" screws will be fine. Just make sure the equipment being screwed is secure.

And remember 2 15" SX's are going to have a lot of output. Bracing, bracing, bracing:D

You would be best using a double baffle and adding some bracing. It will decrease your internal volume but you have an extra .23ft^3 each speaker to work with. And it wont effect your tunning drastically.
1/2" screws will be fine. Just make sure the equipment being screwed is secure.

And remember 2 15" SX's are going to have a lot of output. Bracing, bracing, bracing:D
to be honest i have no idea what anything u said just means.....i'm not planning on building the box myself....i just want the info to pass on to the builder....now the only problem is finding someone who will build it for me for a reasonable price...i think i'll try the forum first to find someone near me....if not i might have someone make plans and give them to a local carpenter or something....what would u say would be a reasonable price for this box?....i dont want to get myself ripped off

are u saying that to say he will see he's wrong when its built or are u telling me since i now have the dimesnsions i should go build it??

no i'm saying you should go build the box and get some real expierence.

Double baffle - 2 peices of wood glued together to make a 1.5" board to screw the subs on to. It is much stronger.

Bracing - Wood used inside the box to keep the box from flexing. Makes a more stable enclosure.

Bracing inside the box takes up space so it will make your box smaller. But as mentioned do not worry to much about it.

Just so you know:D

And for that large of a box at a shop around $150-$200.

I would seriously take a crack at building it yourself. Save you a butt load of money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.