Box port help

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I'm reconfiguring my box for one aq sdc 2.5 12 the internal specs are 28.50 long 13.50 deep and 12.75 wide I can cut alil off long ways I'm trying to get 2.5 cf or so and tuned at 35 hz the displacement of the sub is .2 or so iv read if I could get a little bit of help that would be a so great I'm only wanting to cut up the front plate that the sub is mounted to I would like to keep everything else the same
20150401_182832.jpg

So here's what I cam up with last night. The port should be 2.50 in wide and the first mdf board would be going straight back at 10.75in this leaves about a 2in gap from the back and then 13in All the way towards the sub I'm hoping this will be 35hz and 2.2 cf after all is said and done. Anyone else agree or think I'm off on my measurement I used a calculator on a Web site for this

So here's what I cam up with last night. The port should be 2.50 in wide and the first mdf board would be going straight back at 10.75in this leaves about a 2in gap from the back and then 13in All the way towards the sub I'm hoping this will be 35hz and 2.2 cf after all is said and done. Anyone else agree or think I'm off on my measurement I used a calculator on a Web site for this
im assuming it WAS a sealed box, or maybe i missing something.. I ask that because of the size, so small, has to be sealed

You may know more about box building than i, but i thought as youve got no responses id try and help..

Cu ft = LxWxH/1728 .

Looks like your box is 2.83 cu ft internal

So 2.81cu ft after 1 sub displacement

I dont have the time to add your sub to my winISD program, but i just sampled your data on a sa-12 ive been looking at recently..

That said, in a 2.81cu ft box tuned to 35hz, port size of "2.5 x 10.5" the SA-12 would need to be 16.23 in long. Prolly useless info to you. i haven't deducted for port area, or board thickness. your prolly really close to cu ft numbers after port area. so as the box gets smaller ( in my experience) the port gets longer to keep desired port freq.

I think you should dl WinISD Alpha for yourself and try it out.

It can be intimidating to new users, but there are videos that show how to correctly setup your own sub.

EDIT: i found the video that showed me everything that you are asking - take 20 min to watch, you will be happy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.