box is done, got problems tho...

graffix989
10+ year member

ok so i finaly finished my box for dual AW1206T subs. i came across a huge snag tho, after i got it togethor the ***** wouldnt fit through the trunk opening. but it was just barely too big, so i took the top off an presto. an had to install the top back on after it was inside my trunk. lol now they realy thump. my problem now is the whole car rattles, specialy the dash board... an my trunk lid sounds like its about to fly away. my rear veiw mirror fell off when the deep bass hit from eminems superman song. its almost too much bass for my POS second gen cavalier. how would i go about fixing the trunk an dash rattle?? i mean the trunk i can live wit cuz i cant hear that from the inside an i dont give a **** about what people hear outside my car. but the dash, its kinda distracting the highs from my front spks.

Dynamate, you know that sticky, tar paper stuff. Put it everywhere, then when your done, turn up the bass and put some more of that sh*T down. Wrap it around that which rattles. Feel it !!!

Sound like you got alot of power..

Invest some time and money in the stuff, You won't regret it !!!

ya i really hate how cars rattle so much. If only every car was built like if it was worth $100,000 then this would never happen lol. I have a layer of dynamat extreme in the trunk and on the front doors and i still hear lots of rattles. bah o well

time...... no, i think ill just live with it. cuz what u guys are saying is that pretty much im gonna have to rip out my entire dash board an put that **** everywhere.... its a POS cavi, that i realy dont plan on owning for more than another 5-6 months. thanx for the info tho... but um, how bout the trunk?? same thing? where can u buy dynomat?

dynamat xtreme pwns edead imo....
duct tape > all:p:

time...... no, i think ill just live with it. cuz what u guys are saying is that pretty much im gonna have to rip out my entire dash board an put that **** everywhere.... its a POS cavi, that i realy dont plan on owning for more than another 5-6 months. thanx for the info tho... but um, how bout the trunk?? same thing? where can u buy dynomat?
wrap some electrical tape(small amount, 1 layer) around the bar where the lock latches too. Then bolt down your lisence plate, possibly put some tape behind it too. Also if there are any wires on the lid, secure them too. I did that with a friends ride to stop the rattles.

Ghetto? Yes, but it's all covered up. Best part of all, it stopped the rattles.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.