Box I built on my rain day yesterday

Pantani
10+ year member

St. Louis
I had a rain-out at work yesterday so I decided to build a box for my 2- 8" RF Punch HX2s. I'll be carpeting it I suppose but for now I just wanted to get it together to see how the little guys sound.

I haven't built a box in years and the ones I did build were always sealed, never a sloted port design. It's also kinda rough w/o a table saw but I used the "clamp the straight edge down and run your saw along it" method, that took more time than I would have liked though but I think it turned out ok. I got the design from the enclosure design and construction help page. I added an inch to the the long dimension to get my airspace right for my particular woofers.

They don't do too bad for some old 8's, I've got them running off a Sundown 1000D @ 1ohm. It was a good warm up to get me ready for the real box for the 12" I have coming to me in the next few days.

braden001.jpg

braden002.jpg

braden003.jpg

braden004.jpg

braden006.jpg

braden007.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. Hopefully by my next build I'll have picked up a router and can get a little better finish on it. Looking back I probably should have spend some time rounding the corners on the port panels, maybe it would cut down on wind noise.

Overall they sound pretty good. They just doesn't really have the output I'm wanting. I'm thinking ID Max or maybe a Fi...?

I'm getting a free 12W6 v2 this weekend, the fellow said it "didn't sound right" to him. Going to mess around with it and see what's going on. Free is the best price, maybe he was just a noob and had it hooked up wrong...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.