box for xxx

Participant count
  • Participant list
E-mail RE with your maximum dimensions, tell them how much power you will be running, and that you want a ported box...tell them you want it loud or loud with SQ:D

Or post your specs here and we'll attempt to help you;)

- Steve

thanks steve...

ps i'm just trying to get my posts up:D almost at 100 and i was at 60 two days ago //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I'm looking into the same thing, I want a loud ported box w/SQ (SQL)...and I'm running off a JBL 1200.1 About what range should I tune the box to if I want it loud for rap/rock, but still somewhat clean? I listen to about 50/50 rap/rock. The most I'll be able to get is about 3..maybe 3.5 cubes.

isn't it something like .... the lower the tuning the louder???i think i'm messed up there...someone smarter:p straghten me out....i dont' quite understand all this yet

Originally posted by loserpunk isn't it something like .... the lower the tuning the louder???i think i'm messed up there...someone smarter:p straghten me out....i dont' quite understand all this yet
No, generally a higher tuning (around res. freq of car) will yield higher output around that frequency...but won't have too great of a low end.

Originally posted by loserpunk yea ... whats wit the res freq of the car...how do you figure that out...can't i just ask the magic geni or maybe gauntlet:D
Basically every car has a frequency at which they will peak at...meaning that frequency will get the loudest...finding it is quite easy, I just posted this earlier-

Get a radio shack meter. Have a single 10/12 inch sub in a SEALED box.

Place the sub outside the car take SPL with the meter from 35-80hz(It does not have to be at high volume, since the Radio Shack meter only goes up to 126db). Graph your results on a line graph.

Now place the sub in the car and do the same test with 35-80hz. Using the same graph, graph the results you got from inside your car with a different color pencil/pen.

Okay now look on your graph, the parts where your lines are FARTHEST apart, that is your resonant frequency.

Now, when tuning to the resonant frequency, you want to tune it a little under it, so that the box will have a peak right around the resonant frequency...

oh and i've never used a meter like this before...could you maybe elaborate on the details just a little bit...such as where do i get 35-80hz to come from...will the meter tell me that or do i have to get a certain cd w/ freq that match those...well w/e whenever you can answer that just pm me or something..i'll probably get around to doing it tom. or saturday

Originally posted by loserpunk by the way...how'd you get so smart snova????i bet you got it from your parents didn't you:)
I'm not smart. Just a struggling college kid that spends too much time reading about car audio and too little on Chemistry....

oh and i've never used a meter like this before...could you maybe elaborate on the details just a little bit...such as where do i get 35-80hz to come from...will the meter tell me that or do i have to get a certain cd w/ freq that match those...well w/e whenever you can answer that just pm me or something..i'll probably get around to doing it tom. or saturday
You can d/l a program called NCH Tone Generator. Make different sine waves of different frequencies, save them as a .wav file, and burn them to CD.

You could either do that or buy a bass mekanik CD,

Faster, Harder, Louder.

Sonic Overload (best one)

or Download.

I always use these because the computers can affect the form and shape of the wave ever so slightly and cause distortion. Probably not enought that u could hear it... most of the time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.