Box for Type R

Originally posted by jonmrk A: Your Alpine subs will sound like Crap sealed.

B: You could order a custom enclosure built for your car / drivers and have it in 5 days and you know it will sound great and be built rock - solid.

http://www.Fibercoustix.com
ummmmmmmmm NO they will not sound like crap sealed. type-rs are made for sealed.......and those are pre-fabs...so there is not a guarantee that it will sound good :eek:

EDIT~how much trunk space do you have? how many watts RMS?

Talk to an Alpine rep or any store (Hi - End / Custom) selling them, you will find that they have had the best results in ported enclosures vs. sealed.

I am going to have them hooked up to my jbl bp600.1 at 2 ohms and no they do not sound like crap sealed. They are ment to be in sealed enclosures, ask anyone, ask Jmac and see what he tells ya.

A: It would take a "retard" to not be able to create a better answer than "because he wanted more spl, you retard"

B: More SPL is only a bi- product of a properly designed ported enclosure. Yes you can build an ported SPL enclosure by raising the tuning Freq. to match the res. freq. of the driver and vehicle. But ported enclosures are not in any way restricted to "more SPL". They have been used for Sound Quality for many years.

C: We build over 30 enclosures a week on average for 6 car audio stores within an 100 mile radius. 2 of which are Alpine dealers that have tried the Type-R subs in both types of enclosures. They have not ordered a sealed enclosure for the Type - R subs in over 3 months. When asked why, they replied " they sound like crap (crap being meant not as good as the opposite choice) in sealed boxes, we can't give them away sealed.

If in further doubt, I will get you Tory's (SE Alpine Rep), and you can argue with him yourself.

John Hatfield

Fibercoustix

If you think Alpine's sound like crap in a sealed box, then you must have had a horrid sealed box...those subs are optimized in a sealed enclosure...porting them doesn't take advantage of their optimized characteristics...

And NSWARTHEY, regaurding :ummmmmmmmm NO they will not sound like crap sealed. type-rs are made for sealed.......and those are pre-fabs...so there is not a guarantee that it will sound good

If you call an hand made enclosure, designed and built per customers specs for each individual driver pre - fab, then what exactly is custom.

Does it have to be built at home with a couple of saw horses and a skill saw to be called "custom" ?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

Originally posted by jonmrk And NSWARTHEY, regaurding :ummmmmmmmm NO they will not sound like crap sealed. type-rs are made for sealed.......and those are pre-fabs...so there is not a guarantee that it will sound good

If you call an hand made enclosure, designed and built per customers specs for each individual driver pre - fab, then what exactly is custom.

Does it have to be built at home with a couple of saw horses and a skill saw to be called "custom" ?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif
ok this is how i see it: yes, first off i do know that people can build ported boxes for SQ, but GENERALLY, notice i said GENERALLY, people use ported boxes to generate more SPL.

2nd of all, i call it pre-fab because i went to your site, and i see a list of boxes that have pre-set dimensions. IMO, a box that has a pre-set dimension is called "pre-fab." there was nothing that said "this box is for a type-r getting 400 watts RMS." a custom box WILL account for the sub and how many watts its getting. now if you guys do it differently, then LMK.....but from that site, i see that they are pre fabricated.

im not as dumb as you think i am......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.