box for ek12d2, .88-1.0

Jeff22
10+ year member

pa
i need to build a sealed box for a new sub i just ordered. i want a single sub, sealed box but i don't know what size to make it. i'm thinking at least 1.0 but i have heard that 1.2 is nice for this sub. will a bigger box make it sound better or just louder. i'm looking for SQ but i want decent SPL too.

also i have an extended cab truck is it better to face the sub forward toward the front, or backward, or sideways toward the middle where it is more open?? or doesn't it make a difference?

i read a post where a guy tested that sub in a 1.2 and a .93, and found that he liked the .93ft^3 better... more punchier and great sq. personally, i think you would do well with any size of these boxes. maybe the amount of room it takes in ur truck will be a good determining factor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.