Box for 12" w7?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kinalyx
10+ year member

What size box has everyone had the most success with for a w7? Im gonna go sealed definately, goin for more SQ than SPL.

JLs specs say a 1.375cu ft box after displacement....what has everyone else been using??

I need a fairly small box...my trunk isnt very big, & im going to have an amp rack on the box also. Well, kinda ON the box, but its going to have a cutout so the sub looks like its flush mounted into the rack.

Any help??

well, i know making a box for a w7 isn't the easiest thing in the world, they either love it, or hate it, so good luck on that. but PM jmac, our resident box guru, he'll help u out a lot more than i ever could:)

I have had mine 2 different sealed enclosures and actully considered selling it because it was not worth it...i built a slot ported box and now the thing is freaking amazing. I think in the right sealed box it can sound good too though. So if you have only a little space, your not going to be able to port it...so buiuld a sealed at the middle of the range volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.