Box for 10" re xxx in 1995 mustang!

Participant count
  • Participant list

SoundsUnlimited
10+ year member

Loudest MOFO on the ROAD!
I hooked up the 10" re xxx sub today...It was in the backseat of the mustang in a 3.5ft3 vented box tuned to 45hz...Well we only had about 1000 or so watts to the sub, anyways..The sub didnt really do ****..I swear that my **** w3 was ****ing louder, its the ****dest **** I have ever seen..yes the frequency of the box is a tad too high for that sub, etc..But what would be a good vented box for the sub in the back seat of a 1995 mustang? I'm going to guess and say 3.0-3.75 tuned to about 35hz..But what would be the best for considering the sub and the box and the car?

Thanks,

Blake

Originally posted by crhye250r Subs sound like ass in the back seats of a car:nono:..Put it in the trunk w/ the sub firing towards the lid/tailight area, and see what you think....That should do alot better.
Meh, it all depends on the owners personal preferences (IE: his ears...), the vehicle, and the equipment being used.

I have found in the new Mustangs that sometimes facing the subs into the back seat area from the trunk is louder than having them fire into the trunk.

- Steve

Originally posted by ss3079 I have found in the new Mustangs that sometimes facing the subs into the back seat area from the trunk is louder than having them fire into the trunk.
As the owner of a 1998 GT with two Alpine SWR-1021D's installed, I can vouch for that. Face them into the cabin. Fold the rear seat backs down when you can, otherwise let them fire into the seat. Sounds great.

Wow, sorry guys.. The two mustang installs i did, i have fired the subs into the trunk, and it has done very well...I guess its all in your preference. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by crhye250r Wow, sorry guys.. The two mustang installs i did, i have fired the subs into the trunk, and it has done very well...I guess its all in your preference. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Going back to my first statement, apparently it must be the equipment.

- Steve:cool:

Well I have a 1995 mustang as listed above...Most of all the setups I hav done I fired the subs towards the rear(Trunk Lid)..U get about 2-4 inches from it..I call it the SPL hotspot, Fold those seats down and u will be surprised how good it will do...Good think about folding the seats down, is it completes the sound,in otherwords RATTLING isnt the only thing u hear, unlike most other cars who dont have that option...I'm thinking of getting 4 15" Shocker Ss series subs and building a wall where the back seat of the mustang is and installed the shockers..I think that would LOOK and SOund awesome, besides its something I have always wanted to do to my car..I could get them in the trunk, but with ALL the HEALACHIOUS rattling I think I will pass, I dont really feel like Noice blocking and dynomatting the trunk and everything near the trunk, Plus walls do great and look cool to..

Blake

Your plans sound practical, but even with the subs facing into the cabin, your still going to need some sound deadening material;) 4 15's? Yeah...your gonna need it;)

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.