box design 1.0 cuft

Participant count
  • Participant list

avistar23
10+ year member

www.SoundhertZ.com <---
i am bulding a sealed box for my pioneer sub in my sig ::: would like it to be 1.0 cu ft

\/

i will not be using MDF as it is to exspensive here any idears on how to make plywood perform better ?

thanks alot.

any help is apreciated

Mike.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

nah you see i live in the bahamas that was cheap for hear and MDF cost to much here so i have to use plywood. now wheres Jmac these days he disgned my first box where is he ?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I've been to Freeport it was just like Florida where I lived........anyway I know your situation use Marine plywood it has no voids &amp; is better than particle board &amp; more readily available in your area.Have you thought of fiberglass?. try to stay away from regular plywood because there are voids in the laminate which create leaks &amp; other nasty side affects.My second choice would be particle board if you can find it.

Nassau is much different than freeport .. much more islandy trust me..again all that stuff costs to much i have to use plywood. but i was thinkin of caoting the inside of the plywood with something to stop its bad charactiristiks.. some people say use something called pell and stick i think its some roofing felt stuff. oh well another day.

If you go with plywood, usually as stated in an above post exterior is better then interior. Marine plywood is even better yet. Look for plywood that has more layers to it as it will be denser and make a high quality box. When I was in school I work for a yacht company (Viking Yachts) and we had 3/4" ply that had a layer of lead in the middle, this was used on the floors to help deaden resonances caused by the engines and that stuff made awesome boxes!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.