Box/Amp Rack Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jackson00
10+ year member

Hi I'am currently trying to figure out how to mount my amps, I think im gonna do it on the box cause I have nowhere else and was was wondering if my enclosure design is subs UP ports facing the Tailgate would it produce the same sound if I flipped the box around and went subs UP and ports facing my backseat? or would the sound be different? its in an SUV. Thanks

It probably won't produce the same sound. To take full advantage of a port facing you, you need to seal off any air behind it, other wise it will be pressurizing air behind the box, making it seem like it's not as loud. As for mounting the amps, the box is never a good idea, but some people get away with it by using a rubber foot mount to absorb some of the vibration. If you just slap the amp on the box, the vibrations may rattle off components on the amps board.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.