Bought an amp on eBay, suspect it's stolen.. What to do?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey all, I am not to sure how to approach this.. I bought an amp off eBay from a new seller. It arrived today. It's as described, but It shows signs of being stolen. The power/ground/remote wire is still attached, bust cut, the external bass boost remote wire head is still clipped in, with strands hanging (meaning they pulled and yanked) and one side mounting feet are broken. What steps should I take? Contact the police in the sellers locale? I know I have no chance of getting my cash back, but if it IS stolen, I'd like it returned to the rightful owner..

You can. And give the amps description and serial numbers. With the sellers info do it fast tho if stolen then file a dispute with PayPal claiming its stolen with and police documents you can get

It's either stolen or that guy is so freaking lazy he just hacked up the existing wires and litterly ripped it off the mount. Highly unlikely i just have an imagination.

B2_t_miIcAA0YlK.jpg:large

All that will happen is the amp will sit in police custody forever, or maybe be installed in a drug bust car they want to hookup and look like drug dealers.. You really think it will make it back to the original owner?

How many people register their amplifiers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.