Boston Z6's .......any opinions?

Forget what those other guys said about you needing a new amplifier. There is absolutely nothing at all wrong with the amplifier you intend on using. Great power, good build quality, etc. There is nothing "unclean" about the Kicker amps. The only way switching amplifiers would be beneficial would be if you were increasing power....which in your case is absolutely unnecessary given you already have 300w per side available.

Also, Chuck Music (cmusic) gives the Z6 an outstanding review in this thread about half way down the page;

http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=133747

If you don't know who he is....he's a multiple time world sound quality champion and is essentially considered to be an authority on the subject. I would trust his opinion/review more than anyone else's on this (or most any other) site. He knows what he is talking about, and knows what music should sound like.
I agree w/ everything this man ever says. He knows what he is talking about!

-Nick-

When I worked at a shop I didn't like the Z6's. The tweets were too harsh for me and it lacked some serious midbass. The Focal components are my favorites so far. See if you can find a set of K2's 2 or 3 way components. They have some of the nicest sounding components. I know someone who is a 14 world sound quality champion spanning both IASCA and USACI and he is running Focal. Amps are definitely important and sometimes, not always, going with amps from the company that makes the speakers is best due to the fact that they build amps for their speakers.

Does anyone know of any other reviews on the z6's? Perhaps some a little more in depth?
SQ is very subjectible(sp) and this thread is perfect proof of that. If your serious about buying them, go out and listen to them. What may sound good to my ears, may sound like crap to yours.

Does anyone know of any other reviews on the z6's? Perhaps some a little more in depth?
I know that Boston is releasing the replacement for the Z6 in the next couple of months , and thst it should be MUCH better. I also know the Pro Series even sound better than the Z6 does. Pros have more mid-bass , better linearity , and cost much less.

The Rainbow Profi line eats the BAs for lunch , and at less money to boot. So does the Polk SRS , and a host of other component sets. Go listen for yourself.

SQ is very subjectible(sp) and this thread is perfect proof of that. If your serious about buying them, go out and listen to them. What may sound good to my ears, may sound like crap to yours.
You sir hit this one right on the head. The most important thing is how they sound to you, so especially if you are going to be spending that much money I would make sure you are getting something you like. (cough look into Morel cough) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

That being said, Squeak = God on just about any CA related subject.

Morel does have some nice speakers, I would just stay away from their SQ subs. The old Focal Utopia 5 WS, a 5" woofer, weighed more and was taller than Morel 10" sub. It was kinda scary. The first time my buddy, who was running Morel, did the SPL part of SQ he blew the sub at 130 db. The cone was torn up pretty bad.

well...i can't just go and listen since nobody even close to me sells any of the higher quality brands other than JL but that shop ain't exactly gonna pull out jl's high line and set them up just for me. They are by order only anyways.

Morel does have some nice speakers, I would just stay away from their SQ subs. The old Focal Utopia 5 WS, a 5" woofer, weighed more and was taller than Morel 10" sub. It was kinda scary. The first time my buddy, who was running Morel, did the SPL part of SQ he blew the sub at 130 db. The cone was torn up pretty bad.
You mean an Elate 6/9/10 SW or a Supremo SW? I use Elate 6SW's for my mids... If you want loud bass you don't want Morel for your subs, plain and simple. Thats exactly what our Rep said. I mean looking at it did your friend thing it was for SPL? I doubt it...

Edit: What does that have to do with their component systems anyway??? which is what he is asking about?

You mean an Elate 6/9/10 SW or a Supremo SW? I use Elate 6SW's for my mids... If you want loud bass you don't want Morel for your subs, plain and simple. Thats exactly what our Rep said. I mean looking at it did your friend thing it was for SPL? I doubt it...
Edit: What does that have to do with their component systems anyway??? which is what he is asking about?
Just random comment about Morel. Nothing more. I can't recall which set he was using.

Is there a Tweeter around, I know they carry Focal speakers among their set. At least something else to listen to. You may want to try and call Boston and see where the nearest Rep store is if you want to listen.

Just random comment about Morel. Nothing more. I can't recall which set he was using.
Is there a Tweeter around, I know they carry Focal speakers among their set. At least something else to listen to. You may want to try and call Boston and see where the nearest Rep store is if you want to listen.
no tweeter's around here. i would have to drive hours to get to a dealer

well...i can't just go and listen since nobody even close to me sells any of the higher quality brands other than JL but that shop ain't exactly gonna pull out jl's high line and set them up just for me. They are by order only anyways.
Ovations in Ft. Wayne used to have the Z6 on display, if you wanted to go give them a listen.

Ofcourse, there isn't much else of interest there.....

I dont really care what Cmusic has to say about them, they sounded like poop.Id take a vifa tweeter over the boston one any day
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif X2 !

I just recieved my pro60s today i cant wait to install them...

thanks blue:)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.