Boston Pro60s vs Rainbow Germaniums for SQ / tweeters / mid-bass - which offers more?

My feelings here...First of all both these speakers will take some serious power.

However, we forget the reason why people feel inclined to put 300rms per side to Bostons. Midbass literally has no impact /presense with lower amounts of power. Its all highs from what I've seen. To really get'm to rock and feel the music they fare best with lots more power. Also lets not forget the impendance you are dealing with (3ohm) i think. So in reality you are feeding them a substantial amount of power to get better performance.

The Germs I know for a fact are not a one sided story, the mid is very efficient and defined with even minimal power requirements.

My feelings here...First of all both these speakers will take some serious power.
However, we forget the reason why people feel inclined to put 300rms per side to Bostons. Midbass literally has no impact /presense with lower amounts of power. Its all highs from what I've seen. To really get'm to rock and feel the music they fare best with lots more power. Also lets not forget the impendance you are dealing with (3ohm) i think. So in reality you are feeding them a substantial amount of power to get better performance.

The Germs I know for a fact are not a one sided story, the mid is very efficient and defined with even minimal power requirements.
I would say that the power also increase amplitude, allowing you to play louder, and it also gives the Bostons better VC control (more dynamic). Because of the Boston's motor design it simply does better overall with more power.

It's kind of like Mr. T shaking some skinny fool by the neck, if he's more powerful with bigass muscles, he can shake that punk harder and faster.

Whereas a weaker person than Mr. T must shake a smaller fool to achieve the same effect, but with less amplitude.

So basically, are u saying unless your going to give your Bostons like 200watts a piece, you might be better off with some SLC's running like 110watt? BTW, whats the sensitivity on those SLC's? Boston pros are 90db, 125RMS. I wouldnt think they would need much more than that to sound great. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PAIR-BOSTON-ACOUSTICS-PRO60-6-5-COMPONENTS-PRO_W0QQitemZ9741268652QQcategoryZ32818QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Running 150 watts per side to mine sounds very good. I think the midbass would be a bit better if I had 200 watts. I don't know how good the SLC's are volume wise and SQ wise, but if you can give the Pro60's at least 150 watts you should be happy with them. They will get loud and sound good.

Even while waiting for my new amp for my highs, when my bostons were on HU power, the SQ was all there, just lacked the volume. Might be because I run an 880PRS though, who knows.

so whats the diff with MBQ line QSC's and QSD's...I cant figure it out...the QSC's look sharper, but the QSD's are more expensive...whats the deal...cant figure it out...ive looked at em like 20 times.

How the hell could I wire BA Pros off 2 channels of a 4 chan amp @3 ohms? The amp is 110x4@4, 215x4@2, not 1ohm stable.

2, 3ohm sides, thats 6 ohms right? or am I a douchebag?

No! guess I'm a douchebag. That would be more like 1.5ohm for the set like SNB suggested. 4ohmx2=2ohm, 3ohmx2=1.5? So that means I would have to run the piss outa my amp cause it's not 1 ohm stable? Screw BA if thats the case:p

anyone know this one...whats the diff with MBQ line QSC's and QSD's... cause im also (within the next day or 2) want to get either the Pros or the MQ-Qline comps.

and I have a 250x4 @2 ohm amp, so i dont even know what 3 ohms would be running at...and could they run at 1.5 ohms?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.