• MB Quart Q-Line

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Boston Acoustic Pro's

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters

snb778
5,000+ posts

blaugh!!!!
I can get them for pretty much the same price...IF ANYTHING I can get the MBQuart Q-line comps for cheaper than the Boston Pro's. My question is...as far as what gets loud, can the MBQuarts hang with the Pro's? If not get louder. I know they are great SQ..but I need them to keep up with the bumpin.

P.S. I just got the most BS fortune cookie fortune ever! "An empty stomach is a bad political advisor" WTF is that!!! Seriously..................

Dude...haven't you already posted this before?? You are comparing MBQ's top of the line to Boston's middle line...plus if you can get the Q's (must be the QSC's??) then that's a no-brainer in my book. If you want seriously loud sound, you need a ton of power because once you meet the speakers RMS (125 watts) you'd need to add 100w to squeeze another 3db. The point is this: get the Pros and about 325 watts a side and you should be at the point of hearing damage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

And the next person that posts one of these polls will gets this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/spank.gif.0d78e34d42ea8780359e903aeb6697d6.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif

...followed by this....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/search.gif.e79a63b2b580b39b282dff402646b704.gif

I agree a hundred percent

the Bostons hands down but gosh stop askin' the same questions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

-Nick-

ok, why the bostons...they get louder?.....they are 125RMS...you really think they can take 350 a side........? I have an amp coming that can deliver 250x4...so for either pair the amps should be perfect.

see that sounds more like what im lookin for. Im just surprised that everyone is choosing the $400 components over the $7-800 ones.....not that more expensive always means better, but when its MBQ its another story....this is a tough decision.

maaaaaaaaan, ....come on guys...this is a huge decision for me. Im really low on money, but this is something that just needs to be done and I dont want to get the wrong ones....cause if I do get something and they arent loud enough...i absolutely do not have enough money to get new ones..unless I get the MB's cause for what I can get them for I could probably sell for more than what I pay for them.

I guess my main question is should either one of these be able to get really loud....louder than my 2 type R comps.

maaaaaaaaan, ....come on guys...this is a huge decision for me. Im really low on money, but this is something that just needs to be done and I dont want to get the wrong ones....cause if I do get something and they arent loud enough...i absolutely do not have enough money to get new ones..unless I get the MB's cause for what I can get them for I could probably sell for more than what I pay for them.
I guess my main question is should either one of these be able to get really loud....louder than my 2 type R comps.
Not my personal cup of tea, but without a doubt the Q's tweeter is amonst the best off axis perfomance hard domes on the market and I think with the power you got coming they will meet your expectations as far as loudness. I believe the high freq extension of the Q's is hard to beat, and stages better because of it- regarless where you chose to put'm off axis. Just need some EQ should you need to deal with reflection issues.

I'm sure you cant go wrong with either, both quality speakers. Just know that most of all that power gets saturated by the xover, and these xovers are designed for on axis performance and notched in a way to prevent damage to the speakers. So you shouldnt be too concerned with a passive handling all this crazy power-its no merit to the speakers trust me-rather getting the output you want off-axis based on the character of the speaker. You will get efforless high freq extension with the Q's at all volumes, and from my experience with the Pro's when you push them hard they will get a tad spitty and on the bright side.

i choose the bostons, i personally cant stadn the way teh Q's sound great mid but there tweet just kill is for me. Its insanely harsh.

I have MB Quart Premiums that get 300w RMS between the tweeter and woofer, and all I can say is ****! They're loud as hell.
The MB Quart Q series is incredible. I had an eargasm when I first heard em. I like em over the bostons because their sound is edgier and more aggressive. The Bostons are more laid back. I heard em side-by-side at Sound Advice, BTW.

If you want sound that is smooth, but laid back, get the Bostons. If you want sharp, clear, edgy sound, get the MB Quarts.

I personally prefer MBQ because I like their sound.

i have the premiums as well and i'm sending 200 watts to each side. on paper it seems like that would be more than enough, but they still aren't that loud. any ideas, or do i need more power?

I had 425 watts on my Premiums back in the day...until that started a fire and ignited in a huge carbeque!!! Whew, never again. I just power all my stuff off the HU for now just to be safe. If I ever need it really loud I just try to sing along with the music at the top of my lungs...usually does the trick. Incidently as little as 2-3 watts on a set of tweeters is enough to cause hearing damage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...