Senior VIP Member
NJ
Amp- JL 500/1

Sub- Boston G% 12" SVC 4-ohm W/ GTR passive radiator tuned to 30 HZ

Box - 3/4" MDF, 1.0 CUFT total w/Displacement

History:

ED-9KV2 x2 slot port tuned to 35 hrz. - Excellent SQ / Nice boom

ED-11 KV2 x 2 slot port 35 hrz - Ecellent SQ, better Boom

Kicker L7 x 1 slot port 45 HRZ - SQ decent, Loud Boom!

ED 11 KV2 sealed - Excellent SQ , Less boom then ported enclosure, but nice!

Boston G5 12" w/ 12" GTR radiator tuned to 30 HRZ.

Let me tell you, this thing rocks the car and the sound quality is crazy, not even broken in yet! Amazing!!!! Plays everything very well, Rock, Rap, Club, Metal. I have my JL 500/1 gain 1/2 way, and the 9887 sub output on 5 and the H701 tuned in!

Installed mine last week haven't had much time to mess with it, but my inital impressions were the same. I've had a 13w7, a pair of 15w3's, and some type r's. for a single sub(G5 1244), and for the price i was very impressed. the w7 just took up way to much space and 52 lbs was too much.

I got my PR but haven't installed it yet, i dont really see the need right now it sounds just fine without it.

I paid 100 shipped for the PR on ebay and i don't know for 100 bucks theres not much to it. I hope to hear a decent difference.

powering it with an mtx 8100d, decent power to move it.

I love the G5's. I think they make for a great daily sub. A friend at a local shop had 2 12"s in the trunk of his sable off 800 rms and these things sounded swell //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I got my PR but haven't installed it yet, i dont really see the need right now it sounds just fine without it. I paid 100 shipped for the PR on ebay and i don't know for 100 bucks theres not much to it. I hope to hear a decent difference.
It will be the same as going from sealed to ported; you should notice quite a bit of difference with the flexibility of adjusting the tuning frequency on the fly.

It will be the same as going from sealed to ported; you should notice quite a bit of difference with the flexibility of adjusting the tuning frequency on the fly.
O wow, I have seriously been thinking about trying dual G5's. I heard one and really liked the sound. I also like the fact that they are not power hungry.

I was undure about the PR though. I did not know if it would be a pain to tune or worth the trouble.

I was undure about the PR though. I did not know if it would be a pain to tune or worth the trouble.
tuning seems easy theres only a couple different ways to set it and then just go off what sounds the best to you. and its just a couple screws to adjust it.

Actually yes, i used the JL web site to do it and i diconnected the speaker leads and then used the meter to test the voltage at 3/4 volume. It was way too overpowering so i turned down from the original set point.

I also just setup the bass EQ on the amp and man that thing kicks!

i dont know why the G5 dosent get much respect, its a very nice sub, ive listened to a few at work and they sound really nice

i havnt heard any with the PR, but they are supposed to be good, really is a beefy sub

Yes, I have been wondering the same thing. My understanding of this sub is they are the bomb. I have been considering getting one after the holidays. It is nice to see them get some attention. A person in this field who I give alot of repect to in the car audio world down in C'dale, just raves about this sub. Good stuff!

Installed mine last week haven't had much time to mess with it, but my inital impressions were the same. I've had a 13w7, a pair of 15w3's, and some type r's. for a single sub(G5 1244), and for the price i was very impressed. the w7 just took up way to much space and 52 lbs was too much.
I got my PR but haven't installed it yet, i dont really see the need right now it sounds just fine without it.

I paid 100 shipped for the PR on ebay and i don't know for 100 bucks theres not much to it. I hope to hear a decent difference.

powering it with an mtx 8100d, decent power to move it.
holy shat is that your car in your sig, if so, nice friggin' work man, 240SX right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.