Boston G1 vs Infinity Reference

Participant count
  • Participant list

pn15
10+ year member

LA, CA
I've decided to purchase one of these subs locally where the Boston is close to $30 more than the Infinity. I think both would do fairly well for my purposes, but I'm not sure if the Boston is worth the extra $$.

I don't know if it matters, but the box I have is on the smaller side, .65 cu ft.

I appreciate the help

Yes, absolutely. Boston subs are excellent quality. Not that the Infinity is bad, it's just not built to the same standards as the Boston (if the G1 is anything like my G5, that is). I've had a G5 and an Infinity Reference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Yeah, I was kind of leaning towards the Boston, and your opinion is definitely in line with those I've found doing CA searches. Has anyone heard these two subs play?

Yeah, I was kind of leaning towards the Boston, and your opinion is definitely in line with those I've found doing CA searches. Has anyone heard these two subs play?
Well like I said, I've heard the Reference and a G5. My guess is that the G1 doesn't sound QUITE as good as the G5, but it's probably not far off. Just lower power handling. They aren't efficient subs at all, the Infinity would get louder for sure. But the Infinity won't sound near as good, and it won't last as long.

Would it matter that the sub's only getting 150 watts since the Infinity's more efficient? (I'm guessing not, but I'm a newb)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.