Bondo on boxes

Skeeter51
10+ year member

CANTON
I started to make my box today and some of the corners look a little rougher than I want. Can you use bondo to smooth stuff out, and make it look good for when you carpet it? I have been told to use wood filler, what are your opinions on this?

id only really use bondo, to fill in counter sunk screws. if the edges are ruff on the box. just sand a round ness to em.

Why? I've used bondo on plenty of wood prjects. I have rage gold, so it's a little exspensive, but ****, I still use it. Bare raw MDF definately doesn't like bondo, but if you rough it up with some 80 grit and a DA it sticks fine. If you're going to do it by hand I would use like 60 though..

ok i have been using wood filler, and it seems ok but not great. on two of the end pieces on my box there is a small gap, like a 16th of an inch. I think i should probably fill this in with bondo. Do I just buy basic bondo body filler for wood? or is their a special type?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.