Bogus Ass Box

the thicker the mdf the better! provides more "support" and keeps the box from flexing (which u DONT want). the only thing affected by thickness is the internal volume //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you're good with 3/4"

depends on how much amp power you got running to them subs man. i personally would rebuild a box but with 1" thick MDF. if your running more than 1000 watts or so to those subs it wouldn't hurt to make it thicker. yeah it would weigh more but with 15's your really not to concerned with how much the box weighs typically.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Thankx Dawg you just saved my cousin a ass whooping.Tha guy at circuit city straight laughed at me when i told him how much that ***** wieghed.I figure it wasnt that bad cause those 15's hit hard. LilJokker

stay away from circuit city! they are a secret organization of vampires that want to **** your money up and make your system ****!!!

hehe it is too true. i love hearing people say that about circuit b/c they are sapposed to be the competition for the store i work for. i work for Best Buy we have customer's complain about circuit all the time. now i'm not saying where i work is awesome but it is good non the less.

keep it thumpin,

adam

It's typical to get not so good info at a store. They are in business to sell you what "they" have. So of course, they want to sell you one of their prefab. boxes. The only time I go to CC to check out their audio, is when they get new stuff. Just go in to listen to it, sometimes comparing different brands. They are mostly paid commission, so they want to sell, kinda like your local car dealer, they'll tell you whatever it takes to get you to go home in the car, in CC's case they'll tell you whatever it takes to sell you an overpriced system, then tac on their ridiculous warranty's which the manufacturer already covers. Then their excuse for that is: well you don't have to send the product in for repair, we'll exchange it here in the store.

hehe yeah that's the typical complaint with circuit city is that they are on comission and they try to sell anything they can. those sevice plans help more for employees than it does for customer's. b/c what most customer's don't know is that if you blow your speakers more than like 3 times in a year with CC they will consider it customer abuse and cut off your exchange plan. one of the things CC don't want you to know and won't tell you.

keep it thumpin,

adam

and what amp u pushing them with?

i love my audiobahns. i blew my amp up a month ago.LOL but it cool cus it was my falt and audiobahn is still sending me a new one. they havent sent it out yet cuz the 2002 modles arnt in stock. LOL i dident have nough power to my A1800D amp wich was only wired at the 600W RMS @ 4ohm mono. but i guess it needs still like 2 - 3 capacitors just to run it. i have 2 12s 2001 AW1200X subz.

What r u runnin??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.