Bobtista Not Responding

Hello just wanted to make this public. I recently traded bobtista my audioque hdc3 18 that was in perfect working condition for his lanzar opti2000d that was suppose to be also in perfect condition just had been repaired. Well I got the lanzar and it comes on but past half gain it doesn't get any louder and with the dmm only measures 13.8 volts on the speaker terminals past half gain. At half gain it measures around 25 volts but is still nowhere near enough power and is not even close to this things original output. I am wanting to trade back my sub or have him trade me an amp of equal power thats new. I am willing to ship this lanzar back also. He is not responding to my messages yet but hopefully will tm. He may or may not have known this amp was messed up but either way I need either a new amp or my sub back. Here is the link to the original thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410640 Thanks
If this is true, you should trade the OP back. That is just my opinion. I figured i'd make it public.

if you send the amp back to me i will look at it . i stand behind my repairs i do...it will only cost you shipping...you dont live that far away from me....i think i already told you this yesterday...

i don't understand why it is acting like it is, at least give me a chance to figure it out... it was fine after i fixed it..but anything can happen.

you still didn't answer my questions about what you hooked the amp up to..

school power supply?

what sub did you hook it up to?

what ohms were the subs?

stock electrical?

does the sound stop getting louder after you go past half gain? or are you just going by what a dmm is telling you...

what dmm are you using?

bob is a good guy....i will vouch for him...he is a very busy guy...he is not on the forum very much .but its not worth making a thread about him not contacting you . because i have seen him with my own eyes text you back many times......

bob is a good guy....i will vouch for him...he is a very busy guy...he is not on the forum very much .but its not worth making a thread about him not contacting you . because i have seen him with my own eyes text you back many times......
thanks for the help. we'll check it out when he ships it back and sell it locally.

I apologize for trying to contact him so much. I really don't think I should have to pay more money to fix this amp that was supposed to be in great working condition. I hooked it up in my friends car and it started working but after 1/2 gain would not get any louder. It didn't even push those 12's like the vibe 1800d I had so I knew something had to be wrong. I don't think I should have to pay shipping on this amp plus my sub also thats almost 100 in shipping costs alone. I already had to pay 40 for it to be shipped the first time. I am willing to pay the shipping for this amp though.

He just offered me in a text an bnib audiopipe 1800d if I would just put 20 extra in the shipping box with the lanzar. I don't know anything about audiopipe amps are they good and is it worth the audioque hdc3 18 I traded him.

I would just ship the amp back and get it fixed. Bobtista should pay for shipping, but if it turns out the amp is okay, then you should refund him the shipping.

That's a pretty powerful amp. I can see the volts (from the amps outputs and car's electrical) dropping after raising the gain halfway because you are pushing it too hard and do not have the electrical to back it up. Maybe get a video of it malfunctioning. 95% of the time an amp either works, or it doesn't. You rarely see an amp that only half-works.

probably be cheaper sending it to ampjunkielikeme and getting him to correct whatever weird problem there is and as far as having future problems with the amp...well,thats with anything electronic..even new.ampjunkie is awesome with amps.

or bring it to an audio shop and have them bench test it to confirm if theres a problem or not.either way its gonna cost you whether you trade back or not.if you really like the amp,it would be worth it.maybe go in halves on shipping it to ampjunkie..youre only 3 hrs away from each other,it shouldnt cost too much.

hope it all works out for you guys!!

Okay I have accepted the trade on the bnib audiopipe 1800d. It will have factory warranty and be brand new 1800 watts so it was a good deal. I am glad me and bobtista got this resolved and he has been nice the whole time.

Well he has had the lanzar since last week and now says the audiopipe hasn't got there yet and is going out of town for a week and won't be able to ship it till next monday. Just an update on the deal.

I know he said he would be he told me he has already fixed it before, and it appears he does a good job but im afraid that he may fix it for now but later on something else might fail on it then cost me more money to get it fixed again.
You know anything can break down because it has man made materials in it.I bought a bnib 4kw and it was bad out the box.Nothin man made is garrenttee for life.Just my .02

Yes I checked it ac. I set my lanzar vibe 1800d that way. It was putting out more voltage that the opti. I know anything can break down, but the deal was for a perfectly working amp but it wasn't bobtistas fault he didn't know it wasn't working properly. Anyways he said the new one is bnib so it should be good. If not its audiopipes fault and will have the factory warranty.

I haven't seen an amp do that before... I think either your measuring equipment is wrong/miscalibrated/cheap, or you're not setting it up correctly.

Just my $0.02.

Amp Junkie, if you could, what's the diagnosis? If you wouldn't mind I'm curious, could you talk at a technical level on either here or PM regarding the diagnosis? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Edit: Got to thinking, possibly a couple of comparators died, or something of the sort, but he(rgp) didn't hook it up to a sub to verify, or anything to analyze a waveform.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

rgplayer

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
rgplayer
Oneida, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies