BNIB (2) TC Sounds LMS-R 12" Subwoofers Brand New in Box straight from TC Sounds

Trancer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Allen, Texas
Item(s) for Sale:

I have two TC Sounds LMS-R 12's. These subwoofers are absolutely insane. I wish I could run these in my truck, but I simply just don't have the space to do it with. I have a crew cab 2008 Sierra so you can understand why I cant fit these. I want to run ported, which is why I am going with some SA-8's ported.

You can check them out here which are sold exclusivity through Parts Express for $369.05 a piece PLUS shipping.

I have read that people who are not running the recommended wattage, which is 1000wrms, are running anywhere from 1400-2500 watts rms to each subwoofer. These subs really dont start to shine till you break the 1200 watt barrier. These subs also perform exceptionally well in a ported enclosure over a sealed enclosure, HOWEVER, they do have a very flat response curve for a true Sound Quality driver if you decide to use a sealed box. These subs just really dive down extremely low, if tuned low, in a ported box. I will place bets with anyone that these subwoofers will dive down lower, louder and deeper than the subs you have.

Once again, I wish I could fit these in my crew cab truck. I just simply cannot. I can only go by hooking my amp up to my friends pair of LMS-R 12's in his Explorer and watch that Ford nearly come apart with so much percision, accuracy, no distortion, super ultra deep lows, and SPL that would blow your mind. I even had, which unfortunately is now my ex girlfriend, do the hair trick in the Explorer with the two 12's and my 3000wrms amplifier.

Overview

The LMS-R 12" subwoofer brings linear motor technology to a 3" diameter voice coil driver. Capable of over 2" of peak-to-peak excursion with absolute linearity, this driver is in a low-frequency sound-quality class of its own!

Highlights

High-temperature low eddy-current stainless steel voicecoil former

Patent-pending 2+2 ohm dual voicecoil LMS motor technology

10" linear spider suspension with large integral lead-wires

195 oz. magnet motor structure

Patent-pending XBR tall profile surround for 3" peak-to-peak travel

Field-replaceable top assembly system

Large anti-flux-modulation shorting ring

TC Sounds LMS-R 12" DVC Subwoofer

The LMS-R 12" subwoofer brings linear motor technology to a 3" diameter voice coil driver. Capable of over 2" of peak-to-peak excursion with absolute linearity, this driver is in a low-frequency sound-quality class of its own! Equally suitable for sealed or vented enclosures, this driver delivers both unsurpassed sound quality and SPL! Used in world-renowned recording studios.

Specifications:

• Power handling: 1,000 watts RMS/4,000 watts peak

• VCdia: 3"

• Le: 4.7 mH

• Impedance: 2 ohms per coil x 2

• RE: 3.96 ohms

• Frequency range: 15 - 150 Hz

• Fs: 28.0 Hz

• SPL: 84.5 dB

• Vas: 1.38 cu. ft.

• Qms: 6.70

• Qes: 0.46

• Qts: 0.43

• Xmax: 29.4

• Dimensions: Overall diameter 12.60", Cutout diameter 11.16", Depth 7.15"

• Weight: 38.2 lbs.

Note: All specifications are with voice coils connected in series.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

BNIB. These have never been powered up or anything. I was thinking of running a temporary box by using my 40 part of my 40/60 rear bench seat, but I just dont want to turn my truck into a 4 person truck. I already have a center console so the front is already a 2 seater. So I will be going with some SA-8 V2's once I get these sold.

I have taken out the subwoofers to take ACTUAL pictures. I have also assembled the top and bottom assemblies so everyone knows what they are dealing with. I have not powered these up, so they are considered BNIB, straight from TC Sounds.

Currently my truck is in pieces so I dont even have a way to put any power to these subs anyway. Trust me, I have been itching to build a box just to hear what these things can do in my truck. All I can go by, is what I heard from my friends Explorer with two of these same 12's in his Explorer with 2500wrms in a 3 cu ft box tuned to 28hz and it absolutely just murdered the lows like I have never heard before. I just wish I had a Tahoe, like I have been wanting for the past couple of years, so I could just throw these in a 30hz tuned ported box and let these wang, but I just simply dont have the room.

Price:

Price from partsexpress.com has them at $369.05 each plus shipping.

I am willing to let these go for $340 shipped each to your home. I won't break these up unless I have two committed buyers, then I will split the two up.

So for the pair I will do $660 shipped.

The magnet weighs in at 30.5 pounds. I had to test this out by taking it to my scale and weighing just the magnets themselves. Total overall weight of just one subwoofer is 38.5 pounds. With the packaging and subwoofer, we are looking at 40 pounds. I will ship these however you prefer. If you prefer to have them shipped as TC Sounds shipped them; upper assembly in one box and the bottom 30.5 pound magnet in another box or I can ship each subwoofer ASSEMBLED in one box.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Price includes shipping, which will cost me about $40-60 to ship EACH since these weigh in at 40 pounds packed. They come with TC Sounds warranty

I'd prefer local pick up since these are so heavy and costly to ship, but I have everything to ship these in since I still have the boxes that the top and bottom assemblies came in with. I just took them out for pictures.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Receiving the packages

2012-02-09_16-40-00_721.jpg

2012-02-09_16-40-08_236.jpg

2012-02-09_16-40-14_908.jpg

2012-02-09_16-41-50_790.jpg

2012-02-09_16-42-05_221.jpg

2012-02-09_17-06-21_676.jpg

You can find more pictures here

http://www.photobucket.com/TCSoundsLMSR12

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like both are still available. TooShort is trying to get the remainder of the money. Someone buy his subwoofer! LOL

TaylorMade committed, but hasnt responded to any of my PM's so....

I guess both are still up for grabs guys!

Why do the coils look like they are falling apart. I've seen a lot of tc sounds coils like that also. Whats the reason?
LMS tech. Looks ugly but make for very low distortion and very liear output at any power level.

Personally I wouldn't run more than 1200W per sub continuous. They'll take more but 3" LMS coils get stinky quick beyond that. That being said you don't need more power than that to get enormous output below 35hz.

Why do the coils look like they are falling apart. I've seen a lot of tc sounds coils like that also. Whats the reason?
Yeah, aside from being LMS coils, the blackness is just from the curing process... Or so I'm told. Could be that they use a different varnish now too.

Its from their new baking process. They also switched up the coil material for lower distortion, as mentioned above. There are many factors that come in to play on why on a few TC lines have black coils. Kyle over at TC Sounds answered a question that was the exact same one as yours, in the TCSounds message board, but I cant find the question and answer

Here is what is new with the LMS-R. Couple of these new features are why the coils appear to be black.

Lower distortion stainless steel formers on all drivers*

REVO gets replaced with the LMS-R that uses a new 6-layer LMS coil.*

New shorting rings for TC9, 4HP and 3HP motors (LMS-R, 5400 and Axis)

New detachable feature for all drivers (expect epic) New detach feature is much more accurate than older methods.

Drivers with the detach feature get shipped in two boxes to ensure trouble/damage free shipping

http://www.tcsounds.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2-new-tc-product-information/

LMS-R 12

Qts 0.43 Total Q

Qes 0.46 Electrical Q

Qms 6.7 Mechanical Q

Fs 28 Hertz, Free Air Resonance

Res 3.96 Ohms, DC resistance

Ls 4.7 H, series inductance

Lp 7.7 H, lossy series inductance

Rp 5.1 Ohms, loss across Lp

Dia 250m meters, effective

Vas 39 liters, air volume equivalent

mms 280 grams, effective mass

cms 115 um/N, compliance

bl 20.5 T*m, motor strength

SplSens 84.5dB SPL max @1W absorbed

Geometric Stroke 24.1 Millimeters, (voice coil - gap) / 2

70% BL 29.4 Millimeters, BL is 0.7 original value (one way)

Xmech 39.4 Mechanical displacement limit (one way)

Long Term Power 1000 Watts

Program Power 4000 Watts, short term peak power limit

Ok I found it. This was Thilo's response to the question.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thilo
Group:TC Sounds

Regarding the color of the coils, discoloration is normal, and uneven color on the voicecoil is a result of the manufacturing backing (He meant "baking") process of the voicecoils. Discoloration actually means that they were backed at a relatively high temperature, which ensure that no out-gassing will occur later.
We are implementing better timely handling of warranty issues, my personal apologies. You can also contact me directly at thilo[USER=624202]@TCsounds[/USER].com

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yep. They sure are.

Thilo Stompler

TC Sounds

4168 Poplar St #F

San Diego, CA 92105

office 619 955 5646

cell 858 952 xxxx

China 011 86 1825 089 6858

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah come on guys. Two people committed; one is short on money by a hair and the other hasn't been on since he committed to it.

These are awesome subs. Would be absolutely insane if you wanted to do a home theater system as these dive down LOW.

Works great in ported and sealed boxes.

Works great in small to medium size boxes. 1.25 - 2.5cuft of airspace per 12 ported

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Trancer

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Trancer
Allen, Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date