Blues BCS-662 Home Audio Speakers?!?

I have proof that the power fets cost more than the hooker you bought last night, and I would expect Ray to have a marketing minor to own a business.
Sweet! How much money do I need to send you so you don't show the photos to my wife?

Also, why did you own so many LP amps if you hate them so much? seems rather counter-intuitive to me.
I was building up for an active install with backups, then when I finally installed the pieces of shіt, I realized that they ѕucked. Don't get me wrong, they did sound good, until I got downright abusive with the volume and watched them run out of steam. Also, many of the Ell Peez had unsolvable noise issues that were fixed by replacing them with something cheap like the Cerwin Vega EXL-400.4. Oh well, that's what I get for reliving my past and believing the hype.

Finally, if you don't do car audio anymore and have taken up the hobby of guns, then why are you on CA.com anyways?
Your sarcasm detection meter is broken...

Just because they cost a fortune doesn't mean jack. The current BL10 uses the same stamped basket that the $15 Credence clearance OA10-4 uses. Different soft parts, but same build house, Credence, and stamped basket. Just remember, Ray's minor was in Marketing! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Credence has built some nice drivers over the years. I've been kicking around the idea of trying a 10RILD2 in my truck.

I love my 15" Earthquake Magmas too. They get pretty violent on 1,000 watts and I personally think they sound great.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
waiting on a reply from geoff, mossberg, or suicide bobb...
I'd give them a shot if I had that kind of scratch, but that's just me. I'd love to own Arc SE amplifiers, and I've wanted a pair of $1,280 3-way components for over a year now. I would've bought them by now if I could've avoided the one **** situation after another scenario that has been my life recently.

It most likely is excessive & a bit stupid, though.

Credence has built some nice drivers over the years. I've been kicking around the idea of trying a 10RILD2 in my truck.
I love my 15" Earthquake Magmas too. They get pretty violent on 1,000 watts and I personally think they sound great.
I'm not saying that Credence builds bad stuff... What I am saying is that the MSRP of $879.99 and $949.99 is a wee bit excessive for a stamped basket Credence 6.5 or 8 paired with a LPG tweeter, passive crossover, and Zobel network.

I'm not saying that Credence builds bad stuff... What I am saying is that the MSRP of $879.99 and $949.99 is a wee bit excessive for a stamped basket Credence 6.5 or 8 paired with a LPG tweeter, passive crossover, and Zobel network.
I wonder how much would blues charge for that rebadged $43 tweeter, if sold separately.

I wonder how much would blues charge for that rebadged $43 tweeter, if sold separately.
Email them and find out. I'm sure Ray would be more than happy to take your money with a smile! After all, that Blues sticker adds USACi Ess Que points that a regular, off the shelf LPG 25NFA just doesn't have! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Turns out that the tweeters are Mission tweeters (obviously not from the factory), and one is blown. No matter, as the cabinet is actually shitty, which is highly surprising. I expected a MUCH better cabinet from such a high end company...It uses 1/8" plywood and vinyl instead of veneer *sigh*

All it's worth then is the woofers, which are worth a lot...

Worth =/= cost
that's usually learned the hard way in audio.
BUT, it is a lesson that once learned will STICK!

I feel sorry for those still wasting their money chasing an Ess Que pipe dream based on what some company's marketing department told them.

I've been sitting on a set of those Blues 6.5" for a number of years and haven't yet installed them. I would prefer they get used by someone who would appreciate them. What should they be worth in today's inflated but recessionary dollars?

If anyone has an offer my email is trilligs gmail com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Suicide Bobb

5,000+ posts
SPLC Fails
Suicide Bobb
Camas, Washington
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date