Blown two fuses

ferret063
10+ year member

I have two 12inch kicker L7s hooked up to a kicker zx1000. I'm using 0ga wire and a 100a fuse that came with the amp. I don't have the gain even half way up and blew the first fuse that came with the amp. So i turned the gain and bass boost even lower and hooked up another 100a fuse and blew that too. Any suggestions on what could be my problem?

bad amp? is it popping the second you are turning the system on or does it happen after a certain volume level is reached? and how long did it work before all this started to happen, or did it not ever work? lol

it pops after playin it hard for like 5 minutes. and why would it be bad if my wires were crossing?
if you have it pos. to neg. and vice versa, i'd think it's bad. Unless that's not what you guys mean.

and check to see if your run of pos. wire is grounded out to the chassis. I.e. stripped jacket.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.