Blown Polk DB651 speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Verbalkint99

I have a set of DB651s speakers in the front and DB651 speakers in the rear. The are running through a Pioneer HU and an Infinity Reference 4 chan amp. Both the front and rear right speakers have lost their lows, while retaining highs. Both left speakers are fine. I hooked up a known good speaker to both amp ports to rule out the amp and wiring. Same symptoms with the test speaker no lows with clear highs.

On the DB651 the capacitor lead broke so I am thinking I can re-solder it, but on the DB651s there is no visible damage.

Are either of these salvagable?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.