Blown Infinity Kappa Perfects

LoudCrownVic
5,000+ posts

1/1 of Team Team Team
What do I do with them? They were exposed to a high current amp running on extremely low voltage (my alternator died), then both just gradually blew after that.

It took me awhile to figure out what the cause was, but that would have to be it. There was no other real reason they should have blown.

One blew shortly after we got the new alternator in, then the other just bit the big one this morning... Absolutely fine other than that except for oxidation on the backplate of the magnet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

So, anyone have any ideas? Anybody WANT them? I have to replace them because they aren't mine, they're my sisters'. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I'm going to take them to a person who might be able to repair them today, but if he can't, I'll have two sweet looking passive radiators for sale!

Make a popcorn bowl out of the baskets or something cool. Maybe a lamp shade or a chandelier.....that would be cool //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif If you own a bowling ball....turn the basket into your bowling ball holder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Stick an electric pencil sharpener on the backside of the pole vent and make it a huge pencil sharpener.

Just think of something cool to do with them

I contacted Infinity about them, we'll see what happens... The guy who i talked to today said it costs about 60 bucks a pop with Kicker and RF. If it's more than tham that, I'm making them passive radiators for my Polk DX and buying my sister a 12" L7.

I was able to get infinity to replace a sub, that i was the 3rd owner. If your persistant, you might be able to get them replaced, the people there are good. But then again, after a long talk with the techs they decided something was wrong with my sub to have what happened, happen, with only a zapco ag 350 to a pair of them

My friend once told me that Infinity Kappas were IMPOSSIBLE to blow. He has tried his best to blow them but he cant. I dont beleive one minute that Infinitys will blow like that.

My friend once told me that Infinity Kappas were IMPOSSIBLE to blow. He has tried his best to blow them but he cant.

Plug 'em into a wall outlet......I bet they'll pop //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

My friend once told me that Infinity Kappas were IMPOSSIBLE to blow. He has tried his best to blow them but he cant. I dont beleive one minute that Infinitys will blow like that.
Of course, you've never actually owned the driver and tried this yourself...

So what do you think I did to blow them, huh?

His best is pretty sad, then. Look at them wrong and the former and spider separate. Not to mention the thermal handling of the driver is just sad. I've seen 400W sealed melt them. But I guess they get loud with 200W.....I guess? For 200W. I'd rather spend my money on hookers with dentures.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.