blown fuse?

Participant count
  • Participant list

09civic
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
so about 2 weeks ago, i was making my connections to the back of the headunit better. i never cut any wire. i just re-tied my door speaker wires. so the following night, i notice that my interior lights aren't working. i thought it was no big deal since it was just the interior lighting. so tonight, i notice that my tail lights aren't working either. my brake lights work but the constant dim that they give when driving at night do no work. could this be a fuse that is blown?

Check your fuse box for anything that is blown and also make sure that your new connections aren't shorting out anything. I had a similar problem but I don't remember what I did to fix it..it was a simple fix though

well some cars it sends a ground through that wire when the headlights are switched on. Some cars it shoots a 12v+ signal through that wire , some cars its shoots a variable + through the wire depending on where the dimmer switch is turned to. I fried a stereo one time trying to connect it in a '93 cavilier and since then i have learned to just never use it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.