blowing fuses

Participant count
  • Participant list

Isuzu95
10+ year member

I hooked up a kenwood kac-923 amp to 3 fosgate 12" subs, running them at 2ohms bridged with the gained turned very low, and I blew 2 fuses.

It says on the amp that it takes a 30a fuse which I tried, but I was thinking of trying a higher one if that helps... or if that would be taking a risk of frying the amp.

Any ideas of what it could be???

Also, the power is running through a distribution block which is fused at 60a (if that has anything to do with it).

Thanks in advance for the help!

have u checked your wiring? maybe its getting pinched somewhere? i always ran 5amps over what the amp recommended if the fuse blew. if it blew again then i checked my wiring and that was usually the problem

You could have shorted out your amp if the fuse keeps blowing..

I kept blowing fuses even after i re-wired my amp correctly..

If the problem doesnt stop take it to a local shop to have it benched.

i have 3 rf subs at 8ohm each, which is running at 2.67ohms to be exact. The kenwood amp can be bridged and run at 2ohms... well, that's what it says on the amp.. would a 5amp higher fuse be risky?? do fuses come in 35amps??

My wiring is good.. my old fosgate amp has been running for 4-5 years without a problem...

Thanks for the help guys!

Another thing, the amp has one switch for speaker impedence which says "4ohm or 2ohm/bridged" and another switch that says "stereo-trimode-mono(bridged input)"

The subs are wired in parallel and the right+ on the amp is connected + on the subs and the left- to the - on the subs...

How should I set the switches??? Maybe I'm doing something wrong

Thanks for the help Jmac... still having the problem though...

What's odd is that the fuse blows a little after the car is running and the amp is on.. It doesn't blow when the car is on Accessory and the system is on..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.