Blow UP question! (noob)

putting 1000 watts to 600w worth of woofer probably wouldnt be a good idea unless you are doing an extremely small sealed box. you still might damage them just because of the power but i honestly couldnt tell ya.

Blow them, yes

Damage them, yes

Can these be avoided, yes

how ?

keep the gain low //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

go with the hifonics nemisis 750. that would be a perfect match to the type r's.

go with the dual 4 ohm subs, wire to a 1 ohm load. turn the gain down a little itty bitty bit, and pound away

I would say stick with the Brutus 1000w instead of Nemisis 750w. Use a voltmeter to set the gain so you don't overpower the subs. Like supra said keep the gain down and everything should be fine.

I am running a single Type R (2 ohm load) on a Hifonics BX1500D, and it take it like a champ. Mind you I am using a small sealed box. For a Type R, from what I have experienced, 500W rms is the most you want to use in a ported box, and I haven't found the limit of a small sealed box yet.

I am running a single Type R (2 ohm load) on a Hifonics BX1500D, and it take it like a champ. Mind you I am using a small sealed box. For a Type R, from what I have experienced, 500W rms is the most you want to use in a ported box, and I haven't found the limit of a small sealed box yet.

thanks alot fot the info.. i just dont want the subs to fail . how much is a voltmeter??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.