Blew out a JL 12w7 first day of purchase with a JL 1000/1 amp...how did this happen?

dude you just got a bad sub all there is to it...it happens sometimes especially in anything electronic.

dont worry about most of these guys they are all ***** very few are helpful they just come on here because they have no life and think their stuff is better than everyone elses (some are cool though) but most dont aim to help just to flame...

Just hope you really get your sub repaired and id say your amp gains probably arnt the issue if set how u say

I know this thread is a couple years old now but I really think the gain being 1/3 the way up was probably a little high for one 12w7 with a 1000/1, BUT I think the bass knob (bass boost or what ever they call it) may be the problem. This bass knob isn't needed and I would unhook it because once you start cranking on that thing you are over riding their settings. If they had the bass boost setting on the amp set to anything but zero with the bass knob hooked to it and if the bass knob was turned to give it more bass the amp was set wrong because even in the 12w7 manual it tells you to set this setting all the way off if using the bass knob because the knob is used to adjust instead of the bass boost setting on the amp. The knob works just like the setting on the amp but you do not have to do it at the amp, it puts it at the users fingertips. But as I said above I really really doubt this is needed at all with one 12w7 with a 1000/1. I have a 500/1 pushing a 12w7 in a home made fatbox knock off and even on the 500/1 I only have this set probably 1/4 up and I have no bass knob and it sounds really really good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.