Blazin_Jason's '80 Caprice Classic Build Log

Small update. Took the inner fenders out. There were a couple areas on them that the metal was gone. So I patched them the best I could. They are pitted a little in some areas, and a non gloss paint would hide it a little better. So I sandblasted them up, zinc primer powder coated them, and 2 coats of gloss black powder coat. They look SO much better and should last for years.

fenders1.jpg

fenders2.jpg

My birthday was a couple days ago and I got a few goodies. Firstly the g/f paid for my headers black ceramicoat job. They are a little flatter looking than I was hoping, but at least they won't rust.

headers1.jpg

headers2.jpg

Also got some nice header gaskets, gear reduced starter, stage 8 locking header & collector bolts and a D/A sander.

bday.jpg

bolts.jpg

da1.jpg

Also have been calling and searching for months for a 32mm fbody front sway bar. So one at the wreckers that looked close. My digital caliper showed up 2 days later so I went back and measured it. I had to check it in like 10 different spots because I couldn't believe what I saw. Now just to powder coat it to match the rear bar.

sbfront1.jpg

sbfront2.jpg

sbback1.jpg

sbback2.jpg

More to come later.

Jason

Powder coating everything at work. Price is right (free). The headers are flowtech's. They were the only company that told me that they had headers that would fit my car. But now knowing that the headers also fit camaros and what not, that opens up more company choices. They work fine for my application. Most people just use shorty's, but I wanted full lengths. Thanks for the comments. I can't wait for the finished project, but anything worth doing is worth doing right. That's why it's taking so long. I do know that in the end it will be worth it.

Jason

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Blazin_Jason

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Blazin_Jason
Vancouver Isl, BC, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date