Blazin_Jason's '80 Caprice Classic Build Log

Blazin_Jason
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I decided to start a thread for the car I need to have on the road next spring 2007. So I recently took off the intake and valve covers to clean them up and powder coat em. Here are a few pics.

parts14rz.jpg

parts22jz.jpg

parts34hw.jpg

Plans included powder coating as much as I can on the car, new interior, body work, paint, rear end gear swap, hopefully a 5 speed, and of course the stereo. So far for the stereo I have: 2 Alpine MRD-M1000's, 2 Alpine MRV-F540's, 2 JL 6W0's as mid bass in the doors, JL 5.25 XR CSI's comps, and 2 JL 12W6V2s. I do plan on getting a 200 amp alternator soon, and to add 2 battery's for the stereo.

Jason

I do yeah. Basically I have materials to do new door panels. I have some sort of plastic type of material as the board, foam and tweed to cover it. It's not going to be anything fancy. Will also be glassing some kicks for the comps. Doing a color change from burgandy to pewter/light grey. Just have to dye/paint the trim pieces, get a new headliner, carpet. Haven't decided if I am going to keep the back seat or not. But I would get someone to do any seats for me. Also will have full auto meter ultra light gauges. Will be a learning process as I go along. Would also like to put in some racing seats and 4 point harness's. I know that the 4 points would be a pain sometimes, but I'm still gonna go for it. Just trying to find some that are DOT approved so that my car can't ever fail a VI if I have to get one.

Jason

if you buy racing seats are u still going to have them redone to match the rest of ur interior? and u dnt have to buy a new headliner u can just wrap the existing one in new material

2 years of sitting, that is how much dirt will build up. It will never look like that again!

Yeah either way, the racing seats or the current Vega buckets will be matched to the rest of the interior.

For the door panels I have tweed. Haven't decided on what would be used for the rest. I will decide that when the time comes, which won't be anytime soon. I would like to get a new tranny and rear gears first. While I do some body mods. Shaving the handles/trunk lock, remove the side moldings, install 3" fiberglass cowl scoop. Also want to change the bottom 4"s of metal on the doors. They are ok, but this is the time to do it. Never done any body work or paint before, but I plan on doing as much of it as I can.

Eclipse - Now I know why you were asking so many interior questions. You're lucky to be able to be learn at that shop you are working free at.

execlerater - Yeah this is my first car. Got it when I was 16, now 22, so have had it for about 6 years. Changed the motor/tranny while in grade 12 cause the 267 had a "noisy" lifter. Well that's what my dad and I had to tell my mom so she would allow me to put in a bigger motor.

Anyways, here is a pic of the amps that will go into it. That's a JL 12W0 for size comparison. Ok its a 6 =)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Blazin_Jason

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Blazin_Jason
Vancouver Isl, BC, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date