Blaupunkt Velocity Series Speakers?

Astyl
10+ year member

Car Audio Enthusiast
Bedford, NH
So whats the deal with the velocity series speakers from blaupunkt, noone seems to use them but they seem great

just to name afew things

They have 3" Voice coils ( and these are regular 6.5 / 6x9 speakers with 3" VC's, not subs )

Double stacked magnets

carbon fiber cones

etc

and these are regular cabin speakers with 3" voice coils, double stacked magnets and CF cones!!

they seem like they would be absolutely excellent speakers, why dosent anyone use them?

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_6702.html

Because what seems good on paper, might not be good in practice. If you've played with them, let us know if they sound good. Given Blaupunkts past products, I wouldn't be likely to lay my own money down for 'em.

If you put one set of the Vc660's in your shopping cart at SonicElectronix and use the code "blaupunktspring", you get 10% of and buy 1, get 1 free. Not sure how much longer the coupon will be valid for, so order them up and sell the second set on eBay or something. It'd be almost like getting a free component set to play with afterwards.

Bought them, driving them with Blaupunkt GTA4 amp, love them. One man's junk is another man's treasure, it's all a matter of opinion. Now you don't have just an opinion, you have the voice of experience.

Bought them, driving them with Blaupunkt GTA4 amp, love them. One man's junk is another man's treasure, it's all a matter of opinion. Now you don't have just an opinion, you have the voice of experience.
and the username that's a direct translation! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Ive been looking around for some 6x9's myself past few week's. I think i.ll go with the blaupunkt's myself, ive been around car audio for a few years, & blaupunkt has alway's been good with there 6x9's. Ive seen good Co's falloff, have had great stuff, only too turn around to make junk, then make good stuff again, like keenwood, pioneer, jbl, ect, the blaupunkts have always been good tho, also, dont let anyone tell you not to get a great set of rear speaker's, get the best you can afford, just like what you trying to do with the front, every one says imaging, imageing!, lol I say buy the best you can & use your FADER!!!!!!!!!! then it will sound way better than what all those people try to tell you otherwise! I think all Co's hade image in mind when they put a fader on a tape, cd, ect, deck! dont you?

1.) dont let anyone tell you not to get a great set of rear speaker's, get the best you can afford, just like what you trying to do with the front,

2.) every one says imaging, imageing!

3.) I say buy the best you can & use your FADER!!!!!!!!!! then it will sound way better than what all those people try to tell you otherwise!

4.) I think all Co's hade image in mind when they put a fader on a tape, cd, ect, deck! dont you?
1.) DON'T waste money on rear fill speakers! Dump that money into the best set of front comps you can afford.

2.) Imaging, Imaging!

3.) Why spend a ton of money on rears and then use the fader? Front stage and imaging is the way to go, not rear fill. Why? Because almost all music is recorded in stereophonic, not quadrophonic.

4.) Fader is there so people that aren't specifically after the best SQ they can attain are able to pretend they are.

I. HU

II. FRONT COMPS

III. REAR SUB(s)

....All you need.

If you put one set of the Vc660's in your shopping cart at SonicElectronix and use the code "blaupunktspring", you get 10% of and buy 1, get 1 free. Not sure how much longer the coupon will be valid for, so order them up and sell the second set on eBay or something. It'd be almost like getting a free component set to play with afterwards.
I don't see where the 2 for 1 comes in. I just get the 10%.

I don't see where the 2 for 1 comes in. I just get the 10%.
Check the shipping weight in their shipping calculator with and without the coupon. It's been over a year since they advertised that deal, so I'd email them first just to be sure. Sweet talk them if you have to.

1.) DON'T waste money on rear fill speakers! Dump that money into the best set of front comps you can afford.
2.) Imaging, Imaging!

3.) Why spend a ton of money on rears and then use the fader? Front stage and imaging is the way to go, not rear fill. Why? Because almost all music is recorded in stereophonic, not quadrophonic.

4.) Fader is there so people that aren't specifically after the best SQ they can attain are able to pretend they are.

I. HU

II. FRONT COMPS

III. REAR SUB(s)

....All you need.
Real good advise I hate hearing about rear fill all the time....i dont even have speakers in the rear at all and i dont miss them

Real good advise I hate hearing about rear fill all the time....i dont even have speakers in the rear at all and i dont miss them
Werd to that.

@ OP and AAAAAAA:

If you do manage to get 2 sets of the Velocity comps (hopefully you can fit the Vc660's in your car) , use 1 set and sell the other on eBay. You'll end up with a decent set of comps on the cheap after the price offset from selling the other. It's exactly what I was going to do until I stumbled on a deal for some SPX's.

SonicElectronix is an authorized Blaupunkt dealer.

Any other details you could share? Bass, midrange, etc? Are you running a sub or just the speakers? I assume these are coaxials, correct?

Thanks.

I have the vc660 set and they sound great, but,when I turn up the volume the tweeters sound fades out,but comes (fades) back on when turned down. any help is welcome! thx //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.