blaupunkt HU?

Nope, it´s actually an CD/MP3/WMA Receiver with CD Changer Controls and very nice one if I might add. Here are the key features:

detachable, fold-down face

MaxTune SQ tuner

12 FM/6 AM presets

plays MP3 and WMA files

displays MP3 text (ID-3 tags)

V-Drive hybrid MOSFET60 internal amp — high-current draw requires direct fused connection to your battery

Bass Engine Pro

Media Xpander™

5-band parametric EQ

XM Satellite Radio controls (XM Radio subscription, tuner, antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal.) — service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories

CD changer controls for Alpine Ai-NET changers only — add an Alpine changer to your receiver order, and save $25 with Crutchfield's package discount

optional auxiliary input

4-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs

wireless remote

clock

27 watts RMS/60 peak x 4 channels

CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz

CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB

FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf

why would anyone need a changer if an mp3 cd can hold that many songs? just wondering, also are there alpine hu's that just plays a single disc thru the hu itself?

Dude, this HU plays single CDs (CD-r, CD-rw too) you can also conect a changer to it if you want to and coming soon they´re releasing a couple of HD, 10g and 20g I think, to store mp3s as well. I think that all Alpine HUs play single discs.

But I agree with you, if I can store like 10 regular CDs in a single CD-R using the Mp3 format, why would I need a changer? (that also plays mp3s)

The Blaupunkt BPV 660 is in some cases a better choice to the Alpine 9813. Here's the stats on the BPV 660:

detachable face

ORC V tuner

18 FM/12 AM presets

seek tuning

station and preset scan

rear preamp outputs

loudness

source tone memory

CD changer controls

selectable turn-on volume level

clock

optional wireless remote

27 watts RMS/57.5 peak x 4 channels

CD frequency response 20-20,000 Hz

CD signal-to-noise ratio 98 dB

FM sensitivity 9.1 dBf

Also, costs like 200 dollars less and gives about the same wattage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.