blaupunkt anyone?

The company was founded in germany - they used to do a lot of "high end" oem installs for porsche, bmw etc. IIRC Blaupunkt means Blue Point in German.

They were a long time subsidiary of the bosch group.

I used their HU's for over 10 yrs and was never disappointed. That consisted of 3 or 4 different units, all among Blau's lower end.

I recently replaced an $80 Blau with a $200 eclipse and wasn't blown away by any means.

Their aftermarket stuff is generally average. It's definitely not Pyle/Pyramid/Boss garbage, but it's not Alpine or JL either.

They made some noise a few years ago when they released their PA line of amps using class T topology. They were VERY small and efficient, but eventually got a rep as not being very reliable. That's about the last time they were "popular".

In 09 they were sold by Bosch and I haven't seen much out of them recently.

I would expect Blau's worst stuff is better than Boss's best.

The company was founded in germany - they used to do a lot of "high end" oem installs for porsche, bmw etc. IIRC Blaupunkt means Blue Point in German.They were a long time subsidiary of the bosch group.

I used their HU's for over 10 yrs and was never disappointed. That consisted of 3 or 4 different units, all among Blau's lower end.

I recently replaced an $80 Blau with a $200 eclipse and wasn't blown away by any means.

Their aftermarket stuff is generally average. It's definitely not Pyle/Pyramid/Boss garbage, but it's not Alpine or JL either.

They made some noise a few years ago when they released their PA line of amps using class T topology. They were VERY small and efficient, but eventually got a rep as not being very reliable. That's about the last time they were "popular".

Wow, thank you for that!

I think I found some specs. He said its a 4/2 channel amp...I'm pretty sure its a GTA 450. So i looked that up, and FINALLY found the amp! You can look at it here, , or if you're lazy here are the specs.

Max. power (4 ohms) 640 W (2-channel mode)

RMS power 4 x 50 W / 2 x 160 W

Max. power 4 x 100 W / 2 x 320 W

Bridging mode - channels 4/3/2

Speaker outputs 4

Preamp-in Cinch/RCA gold-plated

Response 10-30.000 Hz

Stability 2 ohms

S/N ratio > 90 dB/A

Gain adjust 0,1-8 V

Low-pass 40-450 Hz variable

High-pass 65-450 Hz variable

Bass Boost 0/9/18 dB switchable +

Particularities Casing: brushed aluminium / graphite gray

Dimensions (W x H x D) mm 322 x 49,5 x 232

Not bad actually, since all I'm gonna be powering is my 12'' pioneer.

I'd offer him $20 just to have it as an interesting piece to my collection. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

So the guy said he would let me have it or $20! Plus all the wiring. I'm thinking this is a pretty good deal. Please let me know if this is bad.

The company was founded in germany - they used to do a lot of "high end" oem installs for porsche, bmw etc. IIRC Blaupunkt means Blue Point in German.They were a long time subsidiary of the bosch group.

I'm thinking Blue Dot

The model number is right on the picture gta4100bFrom what I can find it's 100x4 at 4 and such 320x2 blah blah
Yeah I couldn't read the picture too well. Its hard finding the right info on this one, cuz

I mean I found this one

Blaupunkt GTA-4100

Which translates to:

1 x 58 watt channel 1 at 4 ohms 2 x 55 watt channel 1 + 2 at 4 ohms 4 x 49 watts channels 1 to 4 at 4 ohms 1 × 159 watts channel 1 + 2 bridged at 4 ohms 2 x 130 watts channel 1 + bridged 2, and 3 + 4 at 4 ohms 260 watts total power

So that's saying that has 260 watts total power. I can't find specs for the 640 watt one.

Translation is Blue Point or Dot (there really isnt a separate word for the 2..) in Germany "Blue Point" was a sign of quality... kind of like our saying "blue chip".. a blue chip prospect or blue chip stock

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.