birth sheets

CayenneRedV6
10+ year member

My new PDX amps didn't come with birth sheets, what the hell. Did I miss something. I almost feel like onlinecarstereo.com opened these things. One looks alot older than the other and is missing the little feet for stacking and neither one was wrapped in plastic very well inside the box. I could just be paranoid though. Any thoughts. I guess there is no way to get the birth sheet after the fact is there?

i bought my pdx4.100 from onlinecarstereo and it had a birthsheet, rated at 100rms and the sheet said 128 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

if stuff was missing and none of it was in plastic than someone screwed with it before sending it out, or it was a return someone sent back or somethin

yeah should have one, i'd call the joint you got the amp from and let them know your missing it, they'll prob have it in the warehouse someplace, twas prob opened befor it left to ensure it was new and had all the parts ect ect

I don't know if I want to go through the trouble of calling them. I remember hearing that they have really bad customer service. It just kinda *****, I was hoping to see what these things really put out. Where in the box is the birth sheet for these PDX amps? The plastic wasn't "opened" per say. It looked like they took a heat gun and melted a hole in the plastic on the bottom of the amp. I guess I'll just call them and find out whats going on.

Why does it matter?

As long as the amp works whats the big deal?

you knew that onlinecarstero was kinda shady but you bought anyways.

Im not saying your dumb but you kinda have be ready for stuff like that

but yeah the birthsheet wont bring you any kinda of extra money if you are wanting to sell or anything

When the pdx amps came in at my friends Alpine/JL shop the manager and the asst mgr. went through the shipment,and each of the pdx's had a birthsheet.the highest 1000.1 was 1320 rms.The asst. mgr. got that one.Mine had 1272rms birthsheet.Under those conditions they had an instant sale from me.As far as Iknow,Crutchfield is the only licensed broker for Alpine internet sales.That is why they cost more than Online/Sonicelectonix ect.Many are refurbs.They are not always going to let you know that.That is why some are packed differently than others.On the good side though,I an a tronics tech and once a good tech goes through an amp/source unit and they give a warranty you should be good to go.I'm running two type 'R'12's in a vented enclosure with the 1000.1,Alpine 9847 source unit.It's amazing.

I am well aware that they are pointless. It is more of the prensable of it. It's supposed to me new and it is supposed to be in the box but it's not. Ans it was more for curiosities sake, seeing how these are the first good amps I have ever bought. I know that all that matters is if they work, I just feel kind of cheated like they are trying to pull something by screwing with these things. Also, I didn't know they where shaddy. Just because they have shitty customer service doesn't atomatically mean that they are shaddy.

...prensable...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

the reason ppl say that a lot of online dealers are shady is because of bad selling pradtices such as b-stock, refurbs, etc. bad customer service IS a sign of a shady seller.

it took me a while to come around too, but i would not buy from an unauthorized dealer now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CayenneRedV6

10+ year member
CayenneRedV6
Groton, CT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from