Big rewire job and capacitor question

caps have their place. but a cap is basicly just a battery that can discharge a FUCKTON of energy REALLY fast. a local shop used 4 20 farad caps to power their system for 30 min or so just to prove one simple point: caps can be useful.

the "real" reason caps can be useful is to put out more "power" when u decide to play ur system at max volume for ~2 minutes to show off for the ladies, it helps reduce the draw on your alt. but then your Alt has to charge it back up. if ur cap has a Volt meter on it, keep it. the 1 Farad capacity wont do much but it will help smooth out any voltage spikes that may come from ur alt.

oh and using caps as a bandaid is what has given them a bad name. they have their place, and if i had the room, id use one(when i get another system ofcourse...). but only if i could get a good deal on a 20+farad one. plus having a voltmeter that is right next to your amp has its uses as well.

oh again, and caps dont actually have "resistance" so to speak. the power going out can flow MUCH faster than what comes in. but wire is better than a cap.

Matt

Jeez man all haters except Matt here. Yes it does have a voltmeter, so thats one plus. All you haters. And I had dimming lights and stuff before because I was too lazy and uneducated to do the big 3. So that is where they get this big misconception of being a band aid, because guess what, my alternator was still straining and I had to replace it recently when I did the big 3 as well. And if you consider wire an upgrade then yes all you haters are telling me to upgrade cuz I would have to buy another 17 ft of wire to run to my 5 channel, whereas with my cap I can use only about 2 ft (which I have about 7 ft extra). So since I got it might as well use it. Helped decrease my strain on my alt. and I could VISUALLY see with my sweet volt meter my volts jump up from 14v to 14.5v after the big 3. So glad to know my grounding idea will work. Thanks for all the input...

haters.

Jeez man all haters except Matt here. Yes it does have a voltmeter, so thats one plus. All you haters. And I had dimming lights and stuff before because I was too lazy and uneducated to do the big 3. So that is where they get this big misconception of being a band aid, because guess what, my alternator was still straining and I had to replace it recently when I did the big 3 as well. And if you consider wire an upgrade then yes all you haters are telling me to upgrade cuz I would have to buy another 17 ft of wire to run to my 5 channel, whereas with my cap I can use only about 2 ft (which I have about 7 ft extra). So since I got it might as well use it. Helped decrease my strain on my alt. and I could VISUALLY see with my sweet volt meter my volts jump up from 14v to 14.5v after the big 3. So glad to know my grounding idea will work. Thanks for all the input...

haters.
By the way I did help you fukwad....and your vibration issue. Not only that, but if you think a cap is relieving strain on your alt, you need to go to Basic Car Audio Electronics

That is all the help you will get from me you ungrateful fukker.

haters.
quit being an ***. no one is hating, or saying you need wire. you have a big three in 1/0, 4 ga to your cap, 8 ga to amps from cap, and about to have a 1/0 ground from cap to ground? ...thats fine. /thread, and kick rocks, op.

hey man, dont drag me down with you in this shitstorm.... i was just stating facts.

and yea, i would rather have 100 caps too. but since thats not realistic a strait run of wire would be better than what he was asking(i think, he was a bit hard to understand, im tired). using the cap as a distro block isnt a bad idea either, its just not optimal IMO. but then again id roll around with 8 6.5" subs tuned to 10 hz just because i could. and it would be awesome.

and pple would think im nuts until they FEEL THE TINY POWAH!

Matt

Alright Chemmings you did help me out. I just was in the middle of typing to go back a page and see who told me about the rubber isolation feet. So thanks guy. And you guys all need to chill. I was just messing around. I just hate when I ask a question and people try to jack my thread and start talking about something else. And I said thanks on every post so I am not ungrateful one bit. And so are you agreeing that you would rather have a cap chemmings? Hope my broke *** pawn shop amp will be all good when I get it back from my local repair shop. Will post pics of the final product as I think it will be sweet. A lot better than my scrambled trunk is now. Thanks again.

hey man, dont drag me down with you in this shitstorm.... i was just stating facts.
and yea, i would rather have 100 caps too. but since thats not realistic a strait run of wire would be better than what he was asking(i think, he was a bit hard to understand, im tired). using the cap as a distro block isnt a bad idea either, its just not optimal IMO. but then again id roll around with 8 6.5" subs tuned to 10 hz just because i could. and it would be awesome.

and pple would think im nuts until they FEEL THE TINY POWAH!

Matt
it would be very quiet.... there's a point of diminishing returns with tuning. You quit noticing a difference in how good the lows sound, and get quieter at the same time.

it would be very quiet.... there's a point of diminishing returns with tuning. You quit noticing a difference in how good the lows sound, and get quieter at the same time.
t'was a joke my friend. lowest ive ever tuned thus far has been 27 hz(soon to change with my HT subs tho. aiming for 20ish)

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.