Big 3 using postive jumper terminal

Participant count
  • Participant list

ace_800
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
So my Enclave's battery is behind the passenger seat not in the engine bay, but there is a positive jumper there. I figure that it is always connected to the postive of the battery wo would there be an issue running a 2ga from the alt to the jumper?

well, that's only half of the issue. the wire gauge of the factory wire from that post to the battery is also important if you're adding a system. you want to size that post-batt wire for whatever you want for power wire/draw. likely it's not much larger than 4awg.

i'd upgrade the wire from the post to the battery with 1/0 if you want to make a difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.