Big 3 question....

Participant count
  • Participant list
Would it be a good idea to upgrade the big 3 for a 1200w rms setup running a budget cab 1600.1, I dont have the system installed yet but everything is almost here and if you all think its going to be necessary then I will get ontop of that as well. I just dont want to go about buying someting that wont be needed. Thanks

Big 3 is almost no cost for the peace of mind that results... factory grounds and charging wires are only sufficiently designed to deal with factory accessories plus a little more... with a even smaller amp I'd still do the upgrade... that CAB tho... it is pretty much necessary to do it... what's a pair of 0ga grounds and a charging wire gonna cost anyways?.. IMO it's a no brainer... get it done

I always recommend to upgrade the factory ground wires as they are usually undersized. factory alt to batt positive can usually stay as-is a ton of work to make that cable upgrade not look terrible or be unsafe and the alt output is fixed. battery output can be much greater, which justifies the ground upgrades.

Def must. Your charging wires/ground wires are only so little to handle the stock vehicle electronics areas, w/o adding anything. Once you start adding stuff, your literally taking away amps and thus will result and what we all know of....lights dimming.

I always recommend to upgrade the factory ground wires as they are usually undersized. factory alt to batt positive can usually stay as-is a ton of work to make that cable upgrade not look terrible or be unsafe and the alt output is fixed. battery output can be much greater, which justifies the ground upgrades.
holy crap!! i havent seen you post in a good long while

Was thinking the same thing, welcome back KHA!
his accord build log is helping me with my build. The space between the driver and stock grill was very useful info. I know the stock grills $uck, but i want a stealth look when the car is just sitting somewhere

his accord build log is helping me with my build. The space between the driver and stock grill was very useful info. I know the stock grills $uck, but i want a stealth look when the car is just sitting somewhere
I'm about to cut up the door panels in my 2014 Accord because of how they affect sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.