BIG 3 question

devin601
10+ year member

I did the BIG 3 yesterday and forgot to do the chasis to engine block. Is that ground necessary as it seems like you just grounding a ground. If so why? and is the chasis just any metal part under your hood? Also, do the engine ground and battery ground have to be on the same chasis bolt?

I’m no big 3 expert, but I’ve always wired the battery to the chassis and a separate wire from the battery to the engine block. I’m not really sure why the engine needs to be grounded to the battery. The chassis is the solid metal and to make a good connection it’s important to file off any paint or crud to get a good metal to metal connection.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.